Well, I'm sold ::pre-orders::

#1Neo_SarevokPosted 4/6/2012 11:59:16 AM
1.) This is the first time I recall in video gaming history when a default un-modded character looks better than the **** I make in other games.

2.) Combat is quick, fun, simple, and unique. Definitely a refreshing perspective on the mmo genre.

3.) Great variety of races. I especially love the Elin's and the Popori's. Their cuteness level is over 9000 and without equal.

4.) Graphics look beautiful. Certainly an improvement over WoW's. They do have a cartoon feel, but it's more anime inspired than anything else. Obviously, it's not Crysis, but for an mmo, the graphics are more than enough.

5.) Story and voice acting is crap, but frankly, I don't care. I play MMO's for guilds, comradery, and gameplay anyways. Tera fulfills all these prerequisites.

Only big concern I have is the end-game content, which I've heard is a let-down and presumably too easy, but even if so, this can always be patched in or given expansions. Hopefully, Diablo III doesn't tear me or the rest of the community away from this gem.
#2vishisluv7Posted 4/6/2012 12:29:43 PM

I didn't like it. Same old MMO except the reticle. I think the graphics are pretty, but way to Korean, the ridiculously giant weapons look silly to me.

Click questgiver, ignore text box, go to spot grind mobs. Got tired of that 5-7 years ago, not just a Tera problem. I'll wait for GW2, which still will be similar, but I'm not paying a sub for this.

Enjoy the game though.

#3xKANONxPosted 4/6/2012 1:00:53 PM
I feel the same as the poster above, nothing new really, not worth paying sub for....
#4kamikaze135Posted 4/6/2012 5:37:44 PM
Same here. I have it pre-ordered, but I'll go ahead and just purchase it from the official site. Good game and I'm in a pretty good guild with people who will be coming back after it launches.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5ShimmerManPosted 4/7/2012 4:01:02 AM

Didn't see anything original here. Combat and visuals are ok but that's about it. Everything else is bland and below average.

#6GrimlimPosted 4/7/2012 6:19:13 AM

Ive only played an hour so far. The beginning is dreadful. Although im sure it gets a lot more fun later.

Right now pve is kill x monsters... every single quest. Really annoying. Combat will open up when i get more skills. The game is VERY easy at the moment too.

I enjoyed Dueling though. Won 2 of 2 duels. Then again i was level 2 playing other level 2's.

#7nothv13Posted 4/7/2012 9:29:08 AM
Grimlim posted...
Ive only played an hour so far. The beginning is dreadful. Although im sure it gets a lot more fun later.Right now pve is kill x monsters... every single quest. Really annoying. Combat will open up when i get more skills. The game is VERY easy at the moment too.I enjoyed Dueling though. Won 2 of 2 duels. Then again i was level 2 playing other level 2's.

Hate to tell you this, but most quests in most games are kill x monsters.
#8vishisluv7Posted 4/7/2012 2:37:51 PM

nothv13 posted...
Grimlim posted...
Ive only played an hour so far. The beginning is dreadful. Although im sure it gets a lot more fun later.Right now pve is kill x monsters... every single quest. Really annoying. Combat will open up when i get more skills. The game is VERY easy at the moment too.I enjoyed Dueling though. Won 2 of 2 duels. Then again i was level 2 playing other level 2's.

Which is why the genre is stale, they just keep re-skinning past MMOs we're already bored of.

#9mack10Posted 4/7/2012 2:42:17 PM
Meh same old crap...quest > kill > return > quest > kill > return....so lame. Always gogogo non stop, no savouring the moments. I think the game looks beautiful and is fun in short bursts but it's time for something new in MMOs.
#10GrimlimPosted 4/7/2012 3:26:02 PM

nothv13 posted...
Grimlim posted...

I dont normally play mmo's, but just because others do it isn't an excuse for the laziness.

A little over 2 hours into it and it is still the same thing. Basically they put mobs scattered throughout this area and have various npc's that say "kill 3 x" or "kill 10 y." there is no flash or flare to it either, and its so easy that i could do everything without doing anything but spamming m1.

It even has stupid quests like "tell that person who is 3 feet away something. then return the info to me"

Thank goodness the game has solid pvp. If only the devs could come up with some original quests. They could at least make things interesting like have the mob you are supposed to kill attack you and you have to fend them off with your npc friends, instead of "kill the mob right over there" *goes to mob**someone else killed it, i'll wait for it to respawn.*