Big fan of Phantasy Star Online from Dreamcast / Gamecube days.

#1lonlonmilkloverPosted 4/7/2012 11:23:00 PM
If there is a substantial resemblance of gameplay mechanics / style from PSO Dreamcast/Gamecube, I can't wait for this title! :o) ... it appears from the trailer and gameplay sample videos that there just might be!
---
Baseless accusations, nit-picking and immature responses will be ignored.
#2dgcoolPosted 4/8/2012 7:41:44 AM
Yes, the combat is much like PSO/PSU (some classes basic attacks are even three hit combos!). There is no "lock-on" which gives it a fun fluid feel.
#3Kendei_BunsetsuPosted 4/8/2012 8:36:12 AM
lonlonmilklover posted...
If there is a substantial resemblance of gameplay mechanics / style from PSO Dreamcast/Gamecube, I can't wait for this title! :o) ... it appears from the trailer and gameplay sample videos that there just might be!

That's exactly the first thing I'm reminded of, and I love it. Man I miss the good ol' days of hunkering down in front of my TV with my 'Cast, keyboard, and controller for hours on end.
---
XBL GT: Kendei
PSN: Kendei
#4SequiroPosted 4/9/2012 7:00:28 AM
Kendei_Bunsetsu posted...
lonlonmilklover posted...

That's exactly the first thing I'm reminded of, and I love it. Man I miss the good ol' days of hunkering down in front of my TV with my 'Cast, keyboard, and controller for hours on end.

1600+ dreamcast PSO for this PSO fan here. :) Another 1500+ across GCN and PC Blue Burst.
---
"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."-- Robert M. Pirsig