How to properly make the PS3 controller work with Tera?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. TERA
  3. How to properly make the PS3 controller work with Tera?

User Info: Gevauden

Gevauden
4 years ago#1
The joystick works but it thinks X is O and Square is Triangle and L1 and R1 are R2 and L2

I press select and the gamepad menu shows giving the xbox or ps3 controller option but is there a way for it to work right off the bat without me having to reassiagn every key just cuz it think some key is anoother?

Anyone going thru this? HELP
I'm about to CRUMB

User Info: Gevauden

Gevauden
4 years ago#2
I found this and it fixed all issues

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Guide-PS3-Controller-with-Tera
I'm about to CRUMB

User Info: star1024

star1024
4 years ago#3
The only problem with the guide in that thread is that using a custom profile like that forces the PS3 buttons into analog mode instead of digital, so it requires more force to make each button register and reduces your reaction time as a result. (you can open the game controller panel and press the buttons to test and you'll see what I mean)

however, using the Xbox 360 Emulation mode works perfectly. but if you want Tera to recognize your controller as a PS3 pad and have the proper button layout AND have digital buttons, then you need to use MotionInJoy 07.0000(testing) with a modified PS3 profile. I put together some instructions here - http://i.imgur.com/xMaTd.jpg it works perfectly for me.

User Info: star1024

star1024
4 years ago#4
also if you're upgrading from 0.65 stable, make sure to Load Driver again.

User Info: darkinnocence

darkinnocence
4 years ago#5
I use a PS3 afterglow wired controler and it all works perfect. If i do one of my normal wireless ones, wired in I get that funky set up also. Afterglow ftw!
Bring back Shining Force!
  1. Boards
  2. TERA
  3. How to properly make the PS3 controller work with Tera?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived