WOW will finally die

#1KingsofroninPosted 4/25/2012 12:37:40 AM
The most
Extraordinary
Real-time Combat
Adventure

This is the best MMO to ever be created. If you all would look at everything this game offers, you'd surely think the same. There's Guild Wars, Homunculus's (FMA ftw!), amazing character and weapon design, in-game politics with guild leaders as participants in a "Game of Thrones", the best combat in an MMO so far, amazing world modeling...

The possiblities are endless with this game. If you all want more depth in this game, you must buy it and play it. The more people that play, the more end-game content, etc., they will give us. I might be hyping this game, but it deserves the hype. I don't know how anyone could go back to WOW after this drops.

LONG-LIVE TERA!!!
---
Now Playing: Starcraft II (PC), Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC) and Legend of Grimrock (PC)
#2GaMeFr33kPosted 4/25/2012 12:49:41 AM
$15 a month for a foreign MMO? Look at Aion, it went F2P and almost DIED as F2P.

The only MMO that used to be worth $15 a month was WoW in its prime. Its not even worth the monthly fee anymore after CataFAIL.

NO OTHER GAME is worth paying a monthly fee.

NO. GAME.

If GW2 had a monthly fee you might as well cut its subs in half.
#3Fear_AwakensPosted 4/25/2012 1:08:19 AM
Ehh... I don't know about that. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with TC on the points, but I can't see this killing WoW. Sure, Cataclysm ruined WoW for me, but it's still going pretty strong, and there are a lot of ass-hats who hate TERA for being foreign, not having enough to carry it besides combat, (which in my opinion is really the only point to playing a game, but people would argue WoW has other stuff to do. Not that I've seen, mind you, and I played since BC to most of Cata; all of their 'new content' was more raids. I hated crafting, and everything else was just goofing off, which you can do in any game.)

They say TERA has boring quests and no storyline, but the game just started, and from the looks of it, TERA's story will be evolved over time. The only reason WoW's didn't suck right off the bat was because WoW is technically a spinoff of the Warcraft strategy games, which already had a lot of lore.

And the game is free to play for those who don't want to pay with the implementation of Chronoscrolls. Look them up. They're awesome. Basically they let you buy game time with your character's gold. They're probably expensive as hell since players will set the market, but what else will you do with your gold at max level?

TL:DR: TERA's completely awesome, but WoW isn't going to draw its last breath any time soon, mostly because people hate foreign games for being the same as western games but with better graphics.
---
You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.
#4Kingsofronin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 1:16:53 AM
Honestly, I just wanted to bring some positivity to this board. Everyone is way too harsh on this game. I know it won't kill WOW, but I'm definitely quitting for this and GW2. This will be my mainstay game, though. I really want to back this game 100%. I've never really fallen for a game like this before. Seems like it was made just for me. I really hope it gets support.
---
Now Playing: Starcraft II (PC), Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC) and Legend of Grimrock (PC)
#5lazycomplifePosted 4/25/2012 1:23:23 AM
Kingsofronin posted...
Honestly, I just wanted to bring some positivity to this board. Everyone is way too harsh on this game. I know it won't kill WOW, but I'm definitely quitting for this and GW2. This will be my mainstay game, though. I really want to back this game 100%. I've never really fallen for a game like this before. Seems like it was made just for me. I really hope it gets support.

I haven't seen many harsh attitudes towards this game by people that know what they're talking about. I'm going from SWTOR to this + Diablo 3. I'm excited about both games. I will get guild wars 2 when it comes out. All of the games look great.
---
GT/PSN- Sythierius
#6Kingsofronin(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 1:29:30 AM
lazycomplife posted...
Kingsofronin posted...

I haven't seen many harsh attitudes towards this game by people that know what they're talking about. I'm going from SWTOR to this + Diablo 3. I'm excited about both games. I will get guild wars 2 when it comes out. All of the games look great.

I don't think I'll be playing Diablo III after I beat it once. I loved the beta (unlike most), but I'll have Tera and GW2 to hoard my time. Very much looking forward to Saturday!
---
#7MarikhenPosted 4/25/2012 1:39:38 AM
Kingsofronin posted...
The most
Extraordinary
Real-time Combat
Adventure

This is the best MMO to ever be created. If you all would look at everything this game offers, you'd surely think the same. There's Guild Wars, Homunculus's (FMA ftw!), amazing character and weapon design, in-game politics with guild leaders as participants in a "Game of Thrones", the best combat in an MMO so far, amazing world modeling...

The possiblities are endless with this game. If you all want more depth in this game, you must buy it and play it. The more people that play, the more end-game content, etc., they will give us. I might be hyping this game, but it deserves the hype. I don't know how anyone could go back to WOW after this drops.

LONG-LIVE TERA!!!

http://www.myfacewhen.com/45/
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#8Fear_AwakensPosted 4/25/2012 1:41:31 AM
Kingsofronin posted...

Hey, you and me, both, man. I quit WoW about two months after I got Cataclysm because I finally realized that sitting in town waiting for a raid to develop and then killing the same raid bosses day in and day out just wasn't fun anymore. That, and after you reach max level, everybody seems to be a huge elitist ass hat, and I hate people like that. TERA blows it out of the water.

I love your positivity, I do. It's nice to see somebody who doesn't take everything in with crap-colored glasses on. I'm kind of sick of all the negativity, too. I love this game, don't get me wrong. And when it launches, I'd be glad to play with a guy who doesn't see the glass as half-empty. Everybody is hating on it for having the same elements the games they praise have, and claim it will be F2P in a week because they don't like it. It's very irritating, and I guess some of their bull rubbed off on me a little, and I'm sorry if I seemed negative. I pre-ordered the physical copy, myself.

As for that 'Game Freak' fellow, he's been going to pretty much every optimistic post and pretty much just crapping on MMOs in general, so don't pay too much heed to him. I think he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder.
---
You can't kick ass and have both feet on the ground at the same time.
#9ScorpeXPosted 4/25/2012 1:48:56 AM
I had an amazing blast playing Tera, I loved every moment of it and can't wait for head start.

This WILL NOT kill WoW though, neither will guild wars 2. Nothing will kill WoW because your mom, aunt and sister won't be playing Tera or Gw2 while they will play WoW. Wow is the behmoth it is because it attracts people that normally wouln't go near an MMO.

The 2 new MMOs are for MMO gamers, they will do well but they will not come anywhere near WoW.
#10FrogtkPosted 4/25/2012 1:52:08 AM
I'd say it's better to be positive without trying to(in a real or just for fun way) crapping on something else. That's an opinion though.

I want to go on a mountain and shout to the world about how fun Tera is. I can't agree with perfection comments, sure every mmo has crappy questing, but does that mean every mmo needs to continue being made with crappy questing in mind? But it's just so fun to play I can get past that.

In reality with wow still for myself and one friend, I raid but am not super hardcore, and d3 coming out for multiple friends, Tera will be my guilty pleasure I have fun with alone(and after I finish making my 8 female characters on the 28th, sigh, I do mean guilty, but no elins so no jailtime atleast!). I'm not shying away from talking about the game or that I was playing it during the open beta, my one friend tried it for 30-40 minutes just to see, but I'm not out to convince them when I know they have enough for their plates already.
---
PSN/Xbox Gamertag: Vortextk