FPS Issue

#1ShinobiKazePosted 4/28/2012 10:00:01 AM
I made a topic about this issue during open beta last weekend. No one really responded and so I deleted it and now that the game released I'm having the same issue.
I'm running this game on a Asus G73JH-A1

ATI Radeon 5870m
i7 720qm
8gm RAM
160GB SSD
500GGB 7200rpm seagate harddrive.

So the issue is I'm getting between 9-11 FPS on all settins at all resolutions with fullscreen,windowed full, and window (1/4 screen size). The FPS isn't changing despite any changes to graphical settings.

The software I'm running is 12.3 catalyst is which is the latest version. I installed it by deleting the old software, went to safe mode, used driver sweeper and deleted all remaining folders, went back to normal mode and installed the 12.3 drivers and absolutely no change in FPS was seen.

If anyone else is having these issues also and found a fix, or anyone has any thoughts/ideas on how to fix it that would be great. Thanks.
#2ShinobiKaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 10:05:11 AM
Oh forgot to add other things that I have done. I disable the UI, no increase. I ceased all non-essential programs and still no increase or decrease.

My CPU load is 25% when TERA is on and otherwise around 14%. My RAM is at 46 - 51% with TERA on.
#3ShinobiKaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 11:37:29 AM
Gonna bump and add. Just ran sm and disabled UI. It bumped me up to 25 fps with just the group in screen. When we fought it slowed down but it was different. When it started to lag back down to 9 -11 FPS, with the UI disabled it ran smoother but still at 11 fps. I like this game but idk the FPS issue is bad and any other game I have run at 40 - 60 FPS including crysis 2 and the witcher 2.
#4GroundHawkPosted 4/28/2012 2:10:30 PM
I had a similar problem (except my CPU usage was fine) during open beta, but I'm running a gtx 560 ti - I downloaded the newest Nvidia beta drivers (R300) and the problem was fixed. You may want to try downloading the newest catalyst drivers if you haven't already. I also heard of someone fixing this problem by disabling all forced FXAA and MSAA (also an Nvidia card, though).
#5ShinobiKaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 4:18:04 PM
Yeah i redownloaded the latest drivers and installed them again no go. So I uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall but screwed up and now I'm redownloading it for another 12 hours. The force graphical features/setting were all check to enable through application only. Hopefully reinstalling the game will work because I really like this game. It just sucks that during cutscenes and whatever that the FPS shoots sky high but once the game lets me place it just tells to F*** off.
#6nhatPosted 4/29/2012 5:10:13 AM
ShinobiKaze posted...
Yeah i redownloaded the latest drivers and installed them again no go. So I uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall but screwed up and now I'm redownloading it for another 12 hours. The force graphical features/setting were all check to enable through application only. Hopefully reinstalling the game will work because I really like this game. It just sucks that during cutscenes and whatever that the FPS shoots sky high but once the game lets me place it just tells to F*** off.

You have a laptop right? I have a setup only a little more powerful than yours but I can max everything.

Make sure power saving mode isn't on. My one buddy had it on for months for Starcraft 2 and slowed EVERYTHING down.
---
PSO- 09
#7ShinobiKaze(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 11:22:16 AM
Thanks for the reply. For power settings, I have it on high performance, went to change power settings, clicked advanced options, and saw when it is plugged in (which is 99% of the time) the GPU and CPU are told to use 100% so I don't believe it is on power saving mode. I reinstalled the game last night and placed it on my SSD instead of the harddive, changed rooms where I usually play to check if it is an internet issue (I'm now 10 ft away from the router) and no improvement in FPS. I turn the UI off and I actually double the frame rate from 8-9 to 16-18. Maybe the game can't use my GPU correctly I don't know. I here people with 4000 or 6000 series running the game fine but haven't heard to much with people with the 5000 series.
#8potatochobitPosted 4/29/2012 11:41:19 AM
because you are using a mobile M processor it is possible you will have to deal with it till next month when a new driver is released

did you try lowering the screen resolution alot and limiting number of players on screen to minimum?
---
My website: http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
#9DivineTruthPosted 4/29/2012 11:50:22 AM
I have the same problem.

Specs:
MSI Radeon 7970
i7 2600k
8GB RAM
250 GB SSD
2TB 7200rpm HDD

I like the game but I can only play the game at 20fps on minimum settings.

MSI has only had one driver update so there's nothing to upgrade to.
---
http://i44.tinypic.com/1gna4l.gif
"I've had enough of your snide insinuations."
#10Yams1980Posted 4/29/2012 12:37:14 PM

sounds like ATI needs to fix this in their drivers, as the one person stated, the nvidia beta drivers fixed their problem... but with ATI, don't hold your breath.