Controller vs Mouse & Keyboard

#11neskyPosted 4/30/2012 7:52:04 AM
Gothmogz posted...
I vote for gamepad, yesterday I was in my couch doing my first instance and it was amazing, I have no problem aiming nor anything in fact, I think I can press skills faster than anyone, ofc I wont turn as fast but is no problem so far.

Adjust the speed of the battle camera.

I use Xbox controller~
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#12memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 9:08:24 AM
Thanks for all info guys. Appreciate it. Does the joypad have to be wired? Or can I use my Xbox 360 wireless controller? If so can anyone link me info on how to install joypad to laptop.

Thanks again.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#13ShybaasonPosted 4/30/2012 9:52:24 AM
Controller for Melee classes, Mouse/KB for ranged. camera speed is irrelevant since once maxed Mouse is no faster then Controller, although menu navigation sucks balls still (seems to be some kind of hard limit to camera speed)
#14BrandonRisingPosted 4/30/2012 11:12:38 AM
I personally use Mouse + Keyboard, i play a archer and i find the response really enjoyable, i tried it out with my 360 controller, and i did not really enjoy it as much.
But on the Melee toons i've made a controller feels really good with them.

So far i am going with.
Ranged= M+K.
Melee= Controller.

But hey, thats just me.
---
*falls out of sky and lands in front of you*
Hello,Ooo look a chair!
#15HayashiTakaraPosted 4/30/2012 11:29:41 AM
I first tried with a mouse and keyboard, then I tried with an XBOX controller, the controller definitely feels better, but there's some bugs with using a controller, like the camera control (right analog) sometimes freaks out and keeps moving on its own, so you have to press it again to fix it. And with blocking characters, even with the options to to attack with character direction is turned on (rather than attacking in camera direction) the character still blocks with camera direction. That's about it though.
#16Tman229Posted 4/30/2012 11:42:48 AM

Turning? Pin point accuracy? Really? Last time i played this wasnt a fps.

@TC - go with what feels at home to you. the game plays well with both. I for one cant find the 1-6 or f1-f6 keys in fast-ish paced games so xbox controller for me.

What's the primary mechanism for a fps? Aiming! What's the primary mechanism in Tera to land attacks? Aiming! Do you understand now why mouse and keyboard is more suitable or does it need to now be explained why aiming is more efficient for mouse and keyboard?
---
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51
#17neskyPosted 4/30/2012 11:55:10 AM
Tman229 posted...
Turning? Pin point accuracy? Really? Last time i played this wasnt a fps.

@TC - go with what feels at home to you. the game plays well with both. I for one cant find the 1-6 or f1-f6 keys in fast-ish paced games so xbox controller for me.
What's the primary mechanism for a fps? Aiming! What's the primary mechanism in Tera to land attacks? Aiming! Do you understand now why mouse and keyboard is more suitable or does it need to now be explained why aiming is more efficient for mouse and keyboard?

Tera only requires you to aim in a general direction. It doesn't require anywhere near the same level of precision.
---
i7 930 @ 4.05 | 12GB 2000MHz Dominator GT | Evga GTX 480 SLI | Win 7 Pro - Intel X25-M MLC SSD Raid 0 | Corsair 1200AX | Dual Loop LCS | Corsair 800D
#18Guerrero_SonPosted 4/30/2012 12:58:26 PM
Tera didn't correctly recognize my PS3 controller (that came with the system) in beta. Square was jump but Triangle was making me jump and everything else was screwed up as well. I couldn't navigate menus, questgivers and attacking was just not easily done.

Nonetheless, the ability to keybind and customize with more options on the Mouse/KB make them the choice for me. I'm sure a lot of casuals will do just fine with a controller (if they don't have bugs like I did).
#19KainVermillionPosted 4/30/2012 1:11:48 PM
I use controller and I love it. I think they did a really good job mapping it for this game. Menu navigation is slower (depending on your cursor speed/familiarity) vs. mouse and you don't have an available hotkey for all your windows, aside from inventory and character screen, but you have more than enough for all your skills and it all works very well. My main is an Archer. Try them both for yourself and see what you like TC.
#20JtrunksPosted 4/30/2012 1:21:05 PM
Never use a PS3 controller without motioninjoy.

Ever.
---