Trade Skills

#1deltamiragePosted 4/30/2012 8:48:53 PM
Since everyone in area doesnt want to talk about anything productive. Ill ask here.

How useful are trade skills right now? Should one even bother with them?
---
PSN - TheFraud - UMVC Team - Spider Man, Wesker, ????????
SFxT Team Juri/Asuka Official GameFAQ #1 Juri fan. DEAL with it Chain_Strike
#2EnjoyMePosted 5/1/2012 12:16:04 AM
Generally not worth it. I took Leatherworking up (Dawnhide donations) and the gear you can craft is great, but it requires ludicrous amounts of BAM runes, and would likely require you to go out of your way to amass them (or spend a fortune on them). On top of that, quest rewards start to reward really high quality gear (gold weapon at 44ish from a quest, IIRC), the random drops you get from dungeons are frequent (albeit not consistent), and the gold investment is not worth it when you will be out-leveling the gear quickly for most of the game.

Alchemy is nice for the pots, but taking up the other crafts was not worth it for me.
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#3DrKultraPosted 5/1/2012 6:04:38 PM
From what I have seen, only for endgame and ONLY if you plan to raid a lot.
---
Nah. We get to read other people's "Other: Stupidity" marks too. Sure, it isn't against the ToS, but people mark it anyway - AEtherSPOON
#4Bacon_Man2009Posted 5/1/2012 10:51:36 PM
Alchemy is very worthwhile!!

if you harvest the mats yourself, it's cheaper than buying pots at the broker. you get 5 heal over time pots per use of the recipe and you can use 3 those pots to make 5 instant heal pots. you can also make scrolls with various effects and upgrade runes that are used for making high level equipment
if you sell the stuff you make at the broker, It's great way to make money too
---
There are two secrets for becoming truly powerful. The first is to never tell anyone everything you know.---the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought
GT Eibbor2009
#5potatochobitPosted 5/1/2012 10:55:07 PM
that is terrible news

this game really is a total aion rip off

guess what? there is a quest in your low 40s to get orange weapons in aion as well
not to mention gathering is pretty much exactly the same....
even the rocks look the same as in aion
---
My website: http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
#6EnjoyMePosted 5/2/2012 6:09:33 AM
potatochobit posted...

even the rocks look the same as in aion

They do? I don't even remember the nodes in Aion.

Yea, you get gold quest rewards in the 40s, but it's leveling gear... so who really cares. I hear crafting is worthwhile endgame, so consider it an investment in your future, if/when you have the cash. You can also level all your crafts on the same character, so taking up Alchemy and then another craft later is cool.
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*