Is Tera bound to fail?

#1Swain23Posted 5/1/2012 12:27:15 AM

I want it. But I don't want it to fail lol. I know launch was huge in both Korea and Japan but subscriptions dropped MASSIVLY in just a few months. Cut their servers in half. This happened back in 2011 though. Does anyone know how the game is doing now in Japan or Korea? Will the US version be able to hold a player base? If so how? I really want to buy this game so someone just give me and excuse to buy it.

#2_DaydreamPosted 5/1/2012 1:03:19 AM
After playing beta and some of headstart I feel that Tera is bound to fail. The leveling is awfully grindy and repetitive, the pvp is meh and overhyped, and dungeons can be such a monotonous drag.
#3xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 5/1/2012 1:19:45 AM
_Daydream posted...
After playing beta and some of headstart I feel that Tera is bound to fail. The leveling is awfully grindy and repetitive, the pvp is meh and overhyped, and dungeons can be such a monotonous drag.

This is what I took from your post.

"I hate MMO's."
#4_DaydreamPosted 5/1/2012 1:38:37 AM
I love MMOs, I'm just really underwhelmed by Tera. I played FFXI and WoW for atleast 3 years each and loved them, FFXI more so than WoW.
#5DrudaxPosted 5/1/2012 1:59:13 AM
Have to agree with Daydream, seemed like it had potential but will wind up like many other Korean MMOs.
---
"In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
#6thetravelerPosted 5/1/2012 2:17:48 AM
Drudax posted...
Have to agree with Daydream, seemed like it had potential but will wind up like many other Korean MMOs.

good job judgeing an mmo 1. before its officially released and 2. WAY before its been given a proper review once end game has been reached.

Man, you people make me sick.
#7thetravelerPosted 5/1/2012 2:19:39 AM
_Daydream posted...

lvling is grindy in ANY mmo. some hide it behind walls better than others. Don't fool yourself into thinking WOW isn't grindy. i played it for over 6 yrs. the same quest mechanics exist for any mmo really. and here is a news flash. WOW wasn't the first mmo. WOW got extremely lucky in how popular it was and still is. but we can all see its popularity starting to wane a bit.
#8_DaydreamPosted 5/1/2012 2:27:06 AM
Wow is undoubtedly grindy. But the pvp is more easily accessible than in Tera, same with dungeons. Not to mention I have to say I prefer WoWs combat over Tera, Tera is very gimmicky. With the Pet system coming to WoW in MoP, not to mention the more organized UI and quest system in wow, I'm gonna have to say goodbye to Tera, though it did look promising and I was very fond of the Elin race because they reminded me of Taru in FFXI. A lot of people are in denial about the state and future state of Tera I believe, and that's alright, it's just my opinion Tera is gonna die within ~6 months. It won't be as successful as SWTOR and look at how well that's doing now.
#9SephCloudPosted 5/1/2012 2:30:24 AM
What do you mean by 'more easily accessible'?
---
GamerTag: xRippleEffect
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tommy7x (PSO Blue Burst)
#10_DaydreamPosted 5/1/2012 2:47:10 AM
Queuing for a battle ground is more convenient than trying to organize a GvG or going outlaw.