Good Solo Survival Class advice??...um... not lancer please...

#1BabyFaceJuanPosted 5/1/2012 12:07:14 PM
I was looking for a good solo class thats able to solo bam's with minimal issues, good pvp, and excellent survival skills and decent dps.

I tried the following and here are my takes:

Priest: Good but squishy. Tried to solo a bam but dps was kinda low.

Sorceror: Goood dps but too squishy and lots of downtime.

Slayer: Same as sorceror but a little more survival.

Warrior: I haven't tried yet but saw a couple of videos of them doing a lot of solo and some ability that self healed.

Beserker: um... haven't tried it but I kinda dont like big axes cosmetically and i heard they get owned in pvp.

Mystics: NOT INTERESTED

Archer: Never tried them

Anyhow, those are my takes on so far from what I got. What are your suggestion and opinions?

Oh if it helps, in terms of wow, Paladins, dk's, hunters but no pet class here.
#2shubon1Posted 5/1/2012 12:31:28 PM(edited)
Lancer is the only true solo class. It might have lower dps but it has maximum survivabilty.
---
i7 2600k @ 4.0 GHz | 8GB DDR 1600 MHz | 1TB HDD 7200RPM | 120GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD | 7970 | Windows 7 Home Premium|
#3DemiakPosted 5/1/2012 12:47:53 PM
Warrior
#4VDOGameGuruPosted 5/1/2012 4:27:08 PM
Sorceror: Goood dps but too squishy and lots of downtime.

Slayer: Same as sorceror but a little more survival.

I have never played sorcerers, but you're saying Slayers are like them, meaning you're saying Slayers have lots of downtime? Not sure if you're serious...

I've gotten to level 33 and the only downtime I have is after BAMs...what are you soloing other than BAMs that is giving you downtime? Please inform me so I can help you correct whatever it is you are doing wrong.
---
"Let's think...with our minds."
"if i ask for a raise, theyll give me more work" - Xip
#5AkazoraPosted 5/1/2012 4:44:23 PM
Slayers have the most self healing out of any non-healer class, because their glyphed self heal, overhead smash, has a 50% chance to reset it's cooldown and is chained from almost every attack they have.

Warriors survivability is ruined by combative strike being a frequent combo starter. It doesn't make you lose HP when combined with glyphed Rain of Blows, but you don't gain anything back either.

Seriously, i've fought BAMs before where i've been down to 100 HP, then gone back to full in less than a minute without any pots.
#6steverafflePosted 5/1/2012 5:05:49 PM
I didn't even glyph my overhand strike to heal me ( but I did do he 50% chance to reset cooldown) and I still have no downtime after fighting bams.. so you definately must be doing something wrong. I say try a slayer out again.. because they're bad ass.
---
.'~StEeViE bOI~'.
GT: Xx Stebular xX
#7Bacon_Man2009Posted 5/1/2012 11:05:47 PM
definitely, slayer high dps, passive selfheals, dodges, lots of knockdown and stun. Add in alchemy for pots and scroll buffs and you can solo most of the game so long as you get good at avoiding attacks. bams will take a while(but are doable). however instances are a bad idea solo no matter what you are so you'll want a group for those
---
There are two secrets for becoming truly powerful. The first is to never tell anyone everything you know.---the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought
GT Eibbor2009