Too early for this but. . .What would you want in the expansion?

#1CalusbladePosted 5/8/2012 4:14:03 PM
Yea so base on the topic, what would you wanna see?
---
Primera: I don't get it. Why aren't they hitting you
Fei: That's simple. If I let them hit me, it might hurt. :)
#2ATiRadeonHDPosted 5/8/2012 4:15:05 PM
I don't know Bigger Ass Bosses?

There's places on the map that still have to be patched in, so i'm not too concerned with an expansion yet.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#3kamikaze135Posted 5/8/2012 4:36:16 PM
- New classes....I want to see a Knight, Pugilist (fist fighter), Summoner class
- Huge ass monster. Monsters so big we only fight their heads or something.
- New zones
- New dungeons
- Sick looking armor
- Good story
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#4nothv13Posted 5/8/2012 4:39:52 PM
Technically speaking, the Queen of Argon patch we are getting is an expansion. Keran style MMOs tend to have free expansions.
#5kamikaze135Posted 5/8/2012 4:54:30 PM
nothv13 posted...
Technically speaking, the Queen of Argon patch we are getting is an expansion. Keran style MMOs tend to have free expansions.

Doesn't that patch include a revamp of Warrior (making them more tank(ish)) and Mystic?
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#6Tman229Posted 5/8/2012 5:34:33 PM
- New Class :
Knight: Sword and Shield with heavy armor. Another tank but unlike Lancers they aren't as linear as far as thrusting but has less range.

Monk/Puglist: I mean seriously.... You have Bas Rutten representing your game.. Anyways, it's a hand to hand fight with light/leather clothing. Alot of fast attacks and a good amount of hp.

Assassin: Sorry but warrior is not good enough. We need a sheath dagger/dual dagger classes. Very quick strikes and more mobile than even warriors and slayers. I really do suggest they add a camo hide that you can only barely see through and can be deactivate by getting hit.

Dragoon: This is a two hand spear user and I'm not talking about lances which are both polearms but still. These guys are leather users that are fairly mobile but uses a lot leap and attack moves. They also aren't as limited to thrust and can also have pretty good aoes and maybe better than slayers.

Necromancer: Scythe user with light armor. These guys are mages for draining stats, some dots, and pets (probably no better than warriors). Like priest heals by a circle on the ground and mystics has that damage barrier circle, necromancers drain also with these circles. Scythes needs is more close up melee compared to other mages and they can also transfer drained hp, mp, stats to party members.

- New zones: That is a given along with dungeons. I did once talk about a outlaw city along with their own towns and camps and so on. However, that's a long explanation and I don't feel like getting into that.

- Need better story with more cutscenes: I need to see story up to par with my first impression when I was looking at the Japanese trailer with the monsters taking over that village. I want to get through the story with that feeling throughout the whole story as it worked on me with FFXI and FFXIV. I know some don't care too much about lore but it is important for some.

Night time and change in weather: Insignificant but would be nice.

Houses and guild HQs: I really want this to be added in the future. The richer you are the bigger the house you can have. The bigger and richer your guild is and you can have a huge HQ to lounge and have meeting in.

Advance classes: I want to see advance classes but along with it I want an optioned advance to input a sub class instead. Something also not likely but I can wish and hope.

Rift and seige like event: For the record, overall I wasn't really into rift and stop playing at 33. However, one thing I did like was the rifts occurring and raiding and area to take it over. I think it's a nice blend to keep players entertained and with Tera combat it will be a blast.

I also feel that towns and even cities should be raided by the argons once in a while and that includes even some BAMs coming through to terrorist us. However, these seiges should by no means sacrifice any crystals due to the fact that it might be hard to scale the levels of who are in the towns/cities (mostly cities) and the mobs might be a bit too much for low levels.
---
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51
#7Tman229Posted 5/8/2012 5:49:53 PM(edited)
<continued>

Tournament Arena: I stress this all the time and I'm going to do it again. I'm a big fan of .hack series and especially GU. I would love a arena that holds tournaments monthly (maybe bi weekly) for people to spectate. There would be like 10 matches a event and have options like 1v1, party vs party, free for all (elimination) and so on. For all except free for all, there would be a ranking system and every 3-4 months there would be a weekly elimination tournament for those who rank top 10-20. Whoever wins these main tournaments gets special treatments like buffs/percentage of money collected from participates that last till the next big elimination tournament. Not to mention some other reward like maybe an exclusive skin.

Also what I want is an actual GM being an announcer/commentator for the matches to give that special feeling. I know that would take a extra mile of time and commitment but if you want to make a successful game then you sometimes need to do these things.

That's all I have for now.

Edit: Actually one more class.

Summoner: At first I couldn't think of anything really good and none cheesy but now I can though it will be asking of too much. Whip and light armor. You will have a wide variety of the type of creatures you can make a pact that have different skill sets but you can only choose one and that one creature you stay with.You can also customize the creature you choose to make him look different from others.

A bit plays like the way they do in FFXI. You summon your pact summon creature and they drain mana as long as you have them out. However, I suggest they only drain a very small amount of mana just by having it out and maybe it just becomes unstable and drains when you are at a certain percentage of mp. The class it self have it's basic avoiding skills so it doesn't get run through by melee. The creatures summon are pretty basically (maybe somewhat more advance AIs) that you can command to attack people by using that autoattack that some classes have to heal or sleep and etc. You can also command them to sacrifice there bodies to protect your own self which would be a attack. Then you would have the skill set of the pets which will drain your own mana further.
---
PSN - Tman229
Xbox360 GameTag - Tcrusader51
#8DuDuDu10101Posted 5/8/2012 5:43:53 PM
rumor has a bard in their development
---
*slaps TC with a raw chicken*
This will continue until you make proper gamefaqs messages.
#9nothv13Posted 5/8/2012 6:03:10 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
nothv13 posted...

Doesn't that patch include a revamp of Warrior (making them more tank(ish)) and Mystic?

The QoA patch is in two parts. We have the first part (just need a couple things enabled). Part two adds in a system to help the warriors.

DuDuDu10101 posted...
rumor has a bard in their development

Rumor has it there is a class in development. What it is is pure conjecture.