slayer, zerker or warrior for dps?

#11CallmewoofPosted 5/8/2012 7:20:01 PM
young_jigga027 posted...
My race is Human and is there a website that shows the armors? what should i goggle?

http://tera-online.cc/gallery/races/
#12LaManoNeraIIPosted 5/8/2012 8:38:55 PM
I personally think humans look better in heavy armor or cloth. Don't like their light armor.

Don't worry about who does the best DPS. No class is so gimp you should avoid it. Play what is the most fun to you.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#13BahamutDarkFirePosted 5/8/2012 10:07:59 PM
Warriors aren't laughable DPS. If they're a bit less than other DPS classes, are YOU going to be one of those tools who won't take a DPS warrior because you're not min maxing and it will make you nerd rage?

To the OP, pick Slayer. Fairly easy class to play, good damage, good evasion and PvP abilities.
---
"Therein is your error, smoke not the bowl, smoke the contents." - Greendrakkon | A kid complaining he wasn't high after "smoking 2 bowls."
#14NoDegreesPosted 5/8/2012 10:15:41 PM
Slayer
#15A_CavemanPosted 5/8/2012 11:59:28 PM
Slayer.

A good Slayer is a wrecking ball of destruction.

A bad slayer is going to at least be accidentally stunning/knocking down bosses.
#16cgwhite85Posted 5/9/2012 8:29:23 AM
Warrior dps is totally fine. Especially with proper gear and crystals. 1v1 no its not going to top sorc or slayer. They can and have outdpsed archers and zerkers in ktera. They also bring to the table the best debuff in the whole game with traverse cut. A warrior who can keep traverse cut up the whole fight will raise the overall party damage higher than simply bringing an extra sorc or slayer. This goes even further with a lancer tanking and using debilitate properly.

On top of that warriors are the safest dps class. Dodge roll (w/glyph) and death from above means they almost never need attention from a priest/mystic when played well. This reduces stress on the healer (letting them buff and perform other actions more often), and the need for overheals is lessened, reducing aggro on the healer and thus making life easier on the tank.

They solo better than any other class.

My ideal party setup

Lancer
Warrior
Mystic
anydps
anydps

Slayer and zerker do excellent dps. Slayers 1v1 always outdps warriors, zerkers usually do.

Remember when you get tired of dpsing you can mix things up and tank for a bit on warriors. You cannot do that with a slayer or zerker.
#17NicodaemosPosted 5/9/2012 8:39:24 AM

If they're a bit less than other DPS classes

What's the point of taking someone who's not really a DPS class over someone who's rolling a class that specializes in DPS?

are YOU going to be one of those tools who won't take a DPS warrior because you're not min maxing and it will make you nerd rage?

No, usually I'm too busy loling because 9/10 Warriors aren't confident enough to play the tank or off-tank position, and then I'll go find an actual DPS class.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#18G3cko360Posted 5/9/2012 8:40:39 AM
Slayer.

A good Slayer is a wrecking ball of destruction.

A bad slayer is going to at least be accidentally stunning/knocking down bosses.

This. I'm a pretty okay Slayer. This means I'm a wercking ball a good chunk of the time. Other times my aim is off and I go lunging like 10 feet past the intended target, lol. It's always good for a laugh, but yeah - Slayer is fun.
---
TERA: Greyjoy, Human Slayer - Blightwood
#19xxGoDxoFxWaRxxPosted 5/9/2012 10:05:49 AM
Nicodaemos posted...
If they're a bit less than other DPS classes
What's the point of taking someone who's not really a DPS class over someone who's rolling a class that specializes in DPS?

are YOU going to be one of those tools who won't take a DPS warrior because you're not min maxing and it will make you nerd rage?
No, usually I'm too busy loling because 9/10 Warriors aren't confident enough to play the tank or off-tank position, and then I'll go find an actual DPS class.

By this logic you would never take an Archer, and you would only take a Zerker if the boss was very immobile.

Warrior is DPS first, and tank second. Warriors are third highest in DPS.
#20NicodaemosPosted 5/9/2012 10:29:48 AM

By this logic you would never take an Archer

I usually don't, to be honest, but this isn't for dps-related reasons.

and you would only take a Zerker if the boss was very immobile

I'll let you know when I find a boss that a Zerker can't hit.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer