Outlaw pvp mode...

#1fishnmagicianPosted 5/8/2012 8:46:53 PM
If you turn this on, how long does it stay on? can it be turned off or does it stay on a set amount of time?
---
PsWii60 Gamer: PS3 gamertag: fishnMagician 3DS code:3222-5596-8437
#2LaManoNeraIIPosted 5/8/2012 9:06:31 PM
It's pretty much the same as "flagging" yourself for PvP like in any other MMO. Normally on a PvP server you can't attack anyone unless you declare yourself an outlaw, which lasts until you turn it off. As an outlaw, you'll appear red to eveyone else and you can be attacked by ANYONE, even if they are not flagged.

It's done that way because of Tera's combat. Otherwise everyone on a PvP server would be accidentally murdering each other.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#3narfaPosted 5/9/2012 12:43:49 AM
So, can you only be attacked on PvP servers if you're flagged or is that just for PvE only?
---
black out or get out.
#4chrono01Posted 5/9/2012 12:58:51 AM
narfa posted...
So, can you only be attacked on PvP servers if you're flagged or is that just for PvE only?

Anyone can be attacked by someone who is flagged for PVP. I know, because I'm Level 22 now [on a PVP server] and have been attacked more than once [actually, several times] and I've never used the Outlaw skill. I managed to kill a few, too. >:)
---
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
#5chrono01Posted 5/9/2012 1:20:41 AM
I forgot to mention, if the PVP'er kills many lower level players [i.e., ganking] they gain "Infamy". "Infamy" allows players of a much higher level to kill/gank that specific player as much as they like, until their Infamy is depleted back to normal.

It basically means if a Level 40 kills a Level 20 repeatedly [for fun], he/she gains Infamy and makes it possible for a Level 60 to come along and pay them back in return [without he/she needing to gain Infamy]. Once you gain Infamy, you cannot lose it voluntarily [it must result in death].

It basically balances the scales.
---
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
#6csantPosted 5/9/2012 6:49:33 AM
"Flag" (people in red) people can attacked anyone that isn't flag. Now, if you aren't "flag" for pvp you cant attacked anyone.
#7fishnmagician(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 9:44:36 AM
yeah i am on a pvp server and i have been "ganked" by many higher lvl characters. Now i have noticed that i could attack any player who had their name in red but i could not attack any player whose name was not red. Now in my skill book is the outlaw declaration skill. Now when I turn that on I can now attack anybody it doesnt matter if their name is red or not but my name is in red for everybody to see so they can attack me also. Now if i turn that on does it go off after a certain amount of time? If i log out for the day and come back on the next day am i still going to be flagged for pvp or will that have wore off by then?
---
PsWii60 Gamer: PS3 gamertag: fishnMagician 3DS code:3222-5596-8437
#8Uncle_LeroyPosted 5/9/2012 10:36:42 AM(edited)
fishnmagician posted...
yeah i am on a pvp server and i have been "ganked" by many higher lvl characters. Now i have noticed that i could attack any player who had their name in red but i could not attack any player whose name was not red. Now in my skill book is the outlaw declaration skill. Now when I turn that on I can now attack anybody it doesnt matter if their name is red or not but my name is in red for everybody to see so they can attack me also. Now if i turn that on does it go off after a certain amount of time? If i log out for the day and come back on the next day am i still going to be flagged for pvp or will that have wore off by then?

So I take it you didn't read any of these responses? Because they explained everything you just said in clear sentences with nice paragraphing and even answered your question above.

LaManoNeraII posted...
It's pretty much the same as "flagging" yourself for PvP like in any other MMO. Normally on a PvP server you can't attack anyone unless you declare yourself an outlaw, which lasts until you turn it off. As an outlaw, you'll appear red to eveyone else and you can be attacked by ANYONE, even if they are not flagged.

It's done that way because of Tera's combat. Otherwise everyone on a PvP server would be accidentally murdering each other.

---
NeveroddoreveN
GT: DirtyUncleLeroy, Steam: Dirty Uncle Leroy