Tera is not very tera like it says it is

#31UtadaPosted 5/10/2012 4:38:24 PM
A_Caveman posted...

The fact that you could autowalk halfway across the majority of zones without actually running into anything detracts a lot from the "explorability" to me.

Can't do that, either. You'll run into mobs or some geometry.
---
My signature had to be changed after 4 years; 8/11/10 I shall remember!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/Utada/sig.jpg
#32kamikaze135Posted 5/10/2012 4:49:25 PM
Utada posted...
A_Caveman posted...

The fact that you could autowalk halfway across the majority of zones without actually running into anything detracts a lot from the "explorability" to me.

Can't do that, either. You'll run into mobs or some geometry.

On top of a lot of mobs being able to shoot you with ranged spells if you try to run away from the fast ones.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#33Uncle_LeroyPosted 5/10/2012 5:06:07 PM
Uncle_Leroy posted...
A_Caveman posted...

tl;dr stop responding to this guy, people.

Quoting myself since none of you seemed to catch it.
---
NeveroddoreveN
GT: DirtyUncleLeroy, Steam: Dirty Uncle Leroy
#34nothv13Posted 5/10/2012 5:10:21 PM
A_Caveman posted...
nothv13 posted...
A_Caveman posted...
nothv13 posted...

sounds like you expect way way too much from an MMO.

Yeah, I do like good video games.
I should probably start lowering my standards.

Maybe I'll get into fat chicks, too.

Hate to tell you this, but games can be good without being held to stupidly high standards.

A_Caveman posted...
Uncle_Leroy posted...
A_Caveman posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
And you're missing the point . Tera has an entire world to explore. Vindictus is just instance after instance. Nothing to explore at all.

Quest hubs surrounded by invisible walls and pretty backgrounds != explorable

I might be looking at a gorgeous tower right now, but I'll never be able to get anywhere near it, because it's just a lifeless background.

Sounds like you want a real life sim. I heard if you want to explore all the background and things in sight, there's this thing called a front door you can step through.

That aside, are you seriously faulting a game for having map boundaries? Do you just want the world to go on forever with randomly generated land or something, because that's the only way I've seen a game able to eliminate having unreachable areas.

The background serve merely as a backdrop to the zone so that you aren't staring off into nothingness, would you prefer that? Would that eliminate your ability to complain for at least 10 seconds? Doubt it, you'll just move onto the next talking point.

tl;dr stop responding to this guy, people.

No, I want Guild Wars 2 zones with this combat engine.

But that'd never happen.

GW2 zones are even more restricting than Tera's. Did you know that in Tera you can explore to the point you get into unfinished zones, and even future expansion areas? GW2 you are funneled into specific points in order to move to the next zone. Tera it only seems that way until you start to explore.

I'm 59, almost 60. The zones are nowhere near as explorable as GW2s first 30 levels of zones.

Mostly because there isn't any elevation involved in 95% of the zones, save for one pretty cool lv53ish zone where you walk across a bridge with laser eyeball things on it.

They're effectively single layered green/brown/white pastures with the occasional downward winding path or ladder, or in the case of a particular 40 something area, an utter crapton of unnecessary ladders in what would otherwise be a tiny zone.

You have not explored, and I highly doubt you are the level you say because at higher levels zones are so full of mobs it's impossible to walk very far without a mob getting near you.

I have climbed many mountains, found many unfinished zones, many beautiful views, even pretty much touched the flying fish. You want hand held exploring which is not exploring.
#35kamikaze135Posted 5/10/2012 7:33:52 PM
Unfinished zones? Where?
---
#36LaManoNeraIIPosted 5/10/2012 7:36:04 PM
I found Champions Online (including the combat) infinitely better than DCUO.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#37GaMeFr33kPosted 5/10/2012 8:09:50 PM
kamikaze135 posted...
DC Universe isn't action combat. Vindictus isn't a real MMO. It's just all instances with no world to explore.

While your post is true about DC & Vindictus, don't ignore the fact that TC is right and TERA is not in fact, a TRUE ACTION MMO. It's damn close, but not 100% there yet. There will be a better true action MMO in 1-2 years from now.
#38Reaper112183Posted 5/11/2012 5:26:46 AM
GaMeFr33k posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
DC Universe isn't action combat. Vindictus isn't a real MMO. It's just all instances with no world to explore.

While your post is true about DC & Vindictus, don't ignore the fact that TC is right and TERA is not in fact, a TRUE ACTION MMO. It's damn close, but not 100% there yet. There will be a better true action MMO in 1-2 years from now.

What would make it "TRUE ACTION"?
#39ArrenrenPosted 5/11/2012 7:32:00 AM
I wanted to try DCUO but then I ran into a stupid problem where they wanted me to reset my pass. Tried to reset so many times. Didn't work Then I reset it another link and they said I resetted to many times. ERG
#40kamikaze135Posted 5/11/2012 8:08:15 AM
GaMeFr33k posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

Nobody is asking whether TERA is the best true action MMO in the market or if it will always be the only one. Derp.
---