Do warriors do DPS comparable to Slayers

#1TripToTheMoonPosted 5/16/2012 9:36:08 PM
Every time I hear people talk about warriors it is tanking this or tanking that. Was trying warrior out and it seemed pretty fun but is it a viable class if you aren't planning on tanking? I just don't want to level one up only to have everyone expect me to tank.
#2Commander_BokkoPosted 5/16/2012 9:41:00 PM
From what I've heard, they don't do as much damage as Slayers, but they're like 3rd best and have a useful debuff, so people still like having at least one of them in parties later on.
---
You actually read signatures? What a waste of time!
#3Mud_ChanPosted 5/16/2012 9:43:42 PM
Slayer DPS is higher, but the important thing to consider, even aside from tanking, is pure utility. Warriors provide a debuff that is stackable with the lancer debuff, which will reduce the target's defenses, allowing higher party damage. When it comes to a 5 man type of game, they can be interchanged most certainly, and combined they provide some serious damage.

So, don't just think of direct DPS. Either class has a good reason to play a DPS role in a group. Also, not many will expect you to tank as you cannot even queue as a tank in the dungeon finder.
---
Dark Souls Stat and Weapon Calcs
http://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/
#4kamikaze135Posted 5/16/2012 9:47:16 PM
Warrior has poor DPS compared to proper DPS classes. Warrior is primarily an evasive tank and DPS second.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#5Commander_BokkoPosted 5/16/2012 11:44:26 PM
That's what the guide in the official site says, but the higher level players in the forum say Warriors can't even tank the harder instances because they die in one hit and that their DPS is better than Archer and Berserker. Personally, I believe the players more than the thrown-together guide.
---
#6Foxhound3857Posted 5/17/2012 12:10:10 AM
Who CAN queue as a tank currently BESIDES lancers?
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#7Commander_BokkoPosted 5/17/2012 12:13:01 AM
No one. Not yet, at least. But instance matching isn't the only way to form groups. Heck, I'm a Lancer and I never use it.
---
#8nothv13Posted 5/17/2012 1:18:01 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
Warrior has poor DPS compared to proper DPS classes. Warrior is primarily an evasive tank and DPS second.

Warrior at 60 does better dps than berserker and archer simply because of boss mechanics.
#9TheExileJediPosted 5/17/2012 3:30:14 AM
The "Slayer" class is just the "Rogue" or "Thief" class by another name and a different weapon. And in most MMO's the highest physical DPS is reserved for the "Thief" and "Rogue"

They are also sharing many similarities from what I see, high population, high possibility to faceroll on keyboard and can be utterly clueless about party dynamics.

Only difference is that for the first time in any MMO, a two handed weapon class has the highest physical DPS possible.
---
OMG THE J TEAM: Mr.T, Adam West, Chuck Norris and Jesus. If you don't agree they are the best team in the world, prepared to be round house kicked
#10steker16Posted 5/17/2012 3:52:29 AM
pre 60 warrior DPS isnt that great, but warriors scale incredibly well with gear so after 60 when you start to get nice gear, you start to get competitive. wont be beating slayers or anything but they do still do good damage, plus the armor debuff that basically makes the entire group do more damage
---
nomnomnom