Will this game die out like RIFT?

#1scanlonmanPosted 5/26/2012 5:31:35 PM
I'm looking to buy it since it's only $30 on amazon
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ y helo thar
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, \ THAT'S ONE SPICY MEATBALL!
#2EnjoyMePosted 5/26/2012 5:39:42 PM(edited)
Is RIFT dying out? I thought it had a pretty strong following still.

Anywho, most MMOs lose population after the first month and continue to indefinitely, unless you're EVE or an MMO not released in the past 6 years (and even then...).
---
[E[]V[]e *also responds to Santana*
#3scanlonman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 5:45:35 PM
From what I recall RIFT was seen as the next "popular" MMO and it's been dwindling aside from a tight group of fans
---
./|,-``\(o)_\,----,,,_ y helo thar
( `\(o),,_/` : o : : :o `-, \ THAT'S ONE SPICY MEATBALL!
#4Freedan12Posted 5/26/2012 6:21:05 PM
The only MMORPG that I can think of that has a fanatically loyal following is EVE. Yeah, EVE doesn't have millions of players, but 10k-30k is plenty of players to play with 23 hrs a day.
#5ZombieGoesWakkaPosted 5/26/2012 6:41:22 PM
If this game "dies" out like Rift, then it's doing well.
---
I am a zombie IRL.
#6kamikaze135Posted 5/26/2012 6:44:43 PM
scanlonman posted...
From what I recall RIFT was seen as the next "popular" MMO and it's been dwindling aside from a tight group of fans

Actually, RIFT is one of the most popular western MMO games out. It's not dying at all.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#7GaMeFr33kPosted 5/26/2012 7:07:08 PM
I'd say Rift is second to WoW right now, SWTOR will die off before Rift does - which absolutely boggles my mind how one of the best universes to make an MMO will die off before a brand new IP. Just goes to show you that Rift devs care more about their game, EA only cares about money. Bioware on the othe rhand...meh.
#8kamikaze135Posted 5/26/2012 9:06:10 PM
GaMeFr33k posted...
I'd say Rift is second to WoW right now, SWTOR will die off before Rift does - which absolutely boggles my mind how one of the best universes to make an MMO will die off before a brand new IP. Just goes to show you that Rift devs care more about their game, EA only cares about money. Bioware on the othe rhand...meh.

I agree 100%. It's a shame because SWTOR really does do some good and has potential, but it doesn't seem like EA cares enough to make it into a great MMO. Only time will tell, but I won't hold my breath.
---
#9pies12Posted 5/26/2012 9:31:53 PM
What exactly does tortanic do well?

Dcuo is fully voiced
Ffxi has better stories
Gw2 has choices which actually affect events instead of points towards a thinly veiled faction rep.
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#10kamikaze135Posted 5/26/2012 10:26:12 PM
pies12 posted...
What exactly does tortanic do well?

Dcuo is fully voiced
Ffxi has better stories
Gw2 has choices which actually affect events instead of points towards a thinly veiled faction rep.

Completely missing the point, but it's to be expected from you. Doing something good =/= doing something better than other games.
---