Crafting Guide?

#1muttenmanPosted 5/26/2012 7:59:24 PM
Hello,

Started to level Weaponsmithing given that I am a Slayer. I got it up to 100 and I bought a recipe for a sword that has better stats than what I have. I have all of the materials to make this sword except the "Prevrune of Titans" (sp), which I cannot find on the Broker.

Can anyone refer me to a good crafting guide with tricks and tips for leveling weaponsmithing, or any other craft and may help me find out where the Titan rune I need can be found?

Thank you very much.
#2inteltn24Posted 5/26/2012 9:19:15 PM
The " quote unquote" of titans are drops from BAM's. I recommend teaming up with a friend to farm these. Also try to be somewhere near the BAM level or you will not get any drops.
#3Bacon_Man2009Posted 5/26/2012 10:27:29 PM
when leveling crafting you should use the material recipes(ingots,hides, etc.) until 250, this will level it relativity cheaply. After that you have to craft equips and will get very expensive.

My advice is to save any Archrunes (lvl 4x-50 drops) you get because you will need ALOT of them and they are very expensive. Also harvest any materials you can and get help from your guildmates and friends getting runes.
Running Golden Labyrinth and Akashas Hideout repeatedly and selling the drops(except for runes) is a good way to both make gold and get Archrunes of Titans(boss runes), this will also help get you ready for the next tier of crafting by stocking up on key runes of Arun and Shara.

You WILL need to buy runes at some point though even if you farm drops with a group due to enemies simply not dropping enough to meet the demands of the recipes in a timely fashion.
Expect to spend at least 5000+ gold getting to from 250 to 300 (not a typo) after that the price of runes drops alot until endgame top tier gear.
Weapons and focuses will need about 3x the materials to make, making them by far the most expensive to level, while armor, leather, and cloth can just make gloves or boots repeatedly

Until about 300 the gear you make WILL be subpar BUT endgame the absolute best gear is often crafted, not dropped. Additionally crafted gear can be used as a template for remodeling gear(unlike drops) with many unique-to-crafting models that you can't get from the template merchant

*note all prices on runes and gold estimations are based on the current state of the market on the serpentis isle server and my own experiences(an that of my guild) crafting, these prices may change based on server and based on what craft you are leveling
for reference- weapon=focus>>leather>armor=cloth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>alchemy price wise *
---
There are two secrets for becoming truly powerful. The first is to never tell anyone everything you know.---the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought
GT Eibbor2009
#4Bacon_Man2009Posted 5/26/2012 10:28:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5muttenman(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 10:40:09 PM
Bacon, thank you very much for your helpful advice.

I guess the only follow up question I have is, is crafting at any level, a viable money maker? or do you only craft to have access to high end gear that can only be crafted?
#6Bacon_Man2009Posted 5/28/2012 3:18:15 AM
there is no point in doing crafting to make money at the low levels, you will lose far more money than you make.
---
There are two secrets for becoming truly powerful. The first is to never tell anyone everything you know.---the Grimoire of Pestilential Thought
GT Eibbor2009
#7potatochobitPosted 5/28/2012 4:54:08 PM
make a pair of boots
make that pair of boots enigmatic

make a new pair of boots
make that pair of boots enigmatic

is that basically what everyone does?
---
http://tenori-taiga.blogspot.com/
rules do not make justice but justice has rules -potatochobit 2012
#8Bacon_Man2009Posted 5/29/2012 1:30:29 AM
yeah thats the cheapest way at the moment
---
GT Eibbor2009