Game will not load...

#1Fade2black001Posted 1/23/2013 11:11:58 AM
So After the patching process and install was complete. When pressing the Play button nothing happens AT ALL. I tried the repair too but that gives me a error saying can not update host server TERA is already running. Click OK to close.... I admit I did download the files (patches 1-28) from an external site but the game read them fine and began the install. So now everything seemed like it worked fine ( Says Patching 100%) but it just wont launch the game itself. Anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#2PlatinitePosted 1/23/2013 12:32:29 PM
I'm having a similar problem. The launcher is stuck at some 'Applying Patch' bit with 0% progress for a whole mess of time now.

Any help would be appreciated. This game DOES seem like fun, and I'd rather like to get into it.
#3rwfan2cPosted 1/23/2013 1:38:39 PM
Some quick things to try.

1. Restart Computer.

2. Restart Modem/Router

3. Disable or allow Tera to bypass any and all firewalls.

4. Make sure your launching Tera as Admin.

5. if all else fails try a reinstall?

If these do not work do take note that Tera is blocked in some countries.

If you are not in a country that it is blocked and you have tried above steps.... then you need more help then i can provide... id suggest posting on Tera's Tech support page... they are fairly timely about responding to problems (Meaning this is not SWTOR/EAware's Customer Support.)
---
XBOX GT: thetimeofthe9
Steam ID: Thetimeofthen9ne
#4MrZetsubouPosted 1/23/2013 3:07:15 PM
I'm having a similar problem. The launcher is stuck at some 'Applying Patch' bit with 0% progress for a whole mess of time now.

https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=133715
---
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk286/Vexe1/saved/patchy.jpg
#5PlatinitePosted 1/23/2013 3:43:29 PM
And thus, my problem has been solved.

Anyone else who can't get the patcher to keep going, here's something that might work: do as the thread says, but delete the other Version.GL file as well.