How are Priest and Berserker in open world/1v1 PvP?

#1TheBroodsRaxonPosted 1/24/2013 3:03:57 PM
I have the trial so I've only got the two slots (will I get more when the game goes F2P?) and I've been playing Priest and Berserker for their survivability and versatility in PvE. Seems like having healing or heavy armor/blocking makes up for what I imagine is the lower end of the DPS, but they can both handle groups of enemies or higher level enemies pretty well (died a lot when I was playing Sorcerer or Warrior at low levels).

Anyway, besides getting ganked by higher level players I haven't really experienced 1v1 PvP. How do these two classes do in that situation?
---
"We, Jaina, are the New Jedi Order... and this is OUR war." -Kyp Durron
#2sirspankyjncoPosted 2/1/2013 4:13:25 PM
Bump i'd like to know as well.
---
Ive had both an Xbox 360 and PS3 break, there are no superior consoles, except N64, that was pretty sweet.
#3MrZetsubouPosted 2/1/2013 4:53:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4MrZetsubouPosted 2/1/2013 4:58:30 PM
From what I've seen....

Berserker dps is quite high (second only to Sorcerers, or so I hear), but they're not that hard to kill due to their slowness and being easy to predict. Out of the three blocking classes, Lancers are the ones with weak dps but high survivability and Warriors depend on luck and sheer dodging skill (and can be really nasty if they get the said luck & skill).

Priests however...it's incredibly difficult to kill them. They could easy crowd control you, heal back to full and randomly drop a nasty melee spell while you're stunned. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the #1 in 1vs1.

Not sure why you've been dying as a Sorc, if you mean PvE. They can easily destroy a whole group in a single spell, and if the enemy survives, it will be rooted and finished off with the other spells. They're really crazy when they get glyphed Burst of Celerity (massive casting+attack speed increase)

Warriors...yeah, it's easy to die, because you're fighting in melee and thus must use your dodge/parry/invincibility frames properly if you want to avoid getting beaten up. Though, I'm not having troubles fighting against groups of monsters at lv43~.
---
If being powerless is evil, is having power justice? Is revenge evil? Can friendship coexist with justice?
#5easymodexzPosted 2/5/2013 10:39:59 AM
Absolutely do NOT play a Berserker for solo roaming PvP. Worst class for that playstyle, ever.

Priests are "ok" for 1v1 ... except they can't really kill anyone that doesn't want to do.

If you want roaming / 1v1 PvP, play a Slayer, Lancer, Archer, or Sorc.

Ironically, the only class a Berserker has an advantage against in 1v1 is a Sorc.
#6easymodexzPosted 2/5/2013 10:41:20 AM
Err "doesn't want to die", rather.

Warriors are pretty ok at 1v1. Kind of average depending on matchup. About the best escapist from 1v10 though. So great from a "I never want to die" solo PvP roamer.
#7MrZetsubouPosted 2/5/2013 2:58:45 PM(edited)
Warriors are pretty ok at 1v1

Eh....I'm not that good at duels, but:
-Berserkers and Archers die without being able to do much
-Sorcs and Slayers can easily defeat me if I become reckless, but if I focus, it's pretty much equal?
-I didn't fight skilled Lancers or Mystics yet, so I don't know. I imagine Lancers would be very tough to deal with due to good defenses, self-heal and blocking, and Mystics might be even tougher than Priests
-Priests who know what they're doing completely destroy me.

I'd say warriors aren't that good in PvP, even if sheer skill might let you win against anyone due to dodge/parry
---
I don't have a girlfriend, but I'm determined to get one this year. Too bad it's not easy as flipping a switch. Girlfriend on, girlfriend off.
#8easymodexzPosted 2/6/2013 12:08:07 PM
Warriors should trash casters most of the time due to stutter interrupts.

You can walk around Lancer block basically 24x7 as well.

A Warrior duel against a Priest should look like this:

stagger
stagger
stun
stagger
stagger
stagger
stagger
stagger
stun
stagger

With just autoattacks. If you mess up and they do something fancy, that's what all the other buttons are for. Same case with Sorc/Mystic, except those classes have some vague chance to teleport away. I remember some of the loudest crying was when Warriors would stagger the teleport spell, because it's not completely instant. Good times.

Then again I haven't played TERA in a long time, so take what I say with a grain of salt.