Which classes are overpowered, underpowered?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. TERA
  3. Which classes are overpowered, underpowered?
2 years ago#1
I tend to stick with only a couple classes, and I'm pretty low still (25ish) so I don't have a ton of experience with all the classes. Which ones are the most overpowered and underpowered?

Feel free to rank from most to less or in tiers and based on whichever priority you want (PvP, Solo, against BAMs, etc.). Just trying to get a feel for the game's balance amongst the classes.

I bring this post up because the other day I asked on my zerker alt what the difference was between zerker and lancer besides drawing aggro, and the response I got was "Lancer is superior in every way," so I thought I'd come to message boards to find out more
---
"We, Jaina, are the New Jedi Order... and this is OUR war." -Kyp Durron
2 years ago#2
I have 2 60s and haven't played in a few weeks so take some of this with a grain of salt.

Best DPS

Sorc
Berserker
Archer?

Archers have some strong abilities that can one shot in PvP, their PvE isn't bad but requires a higher skill cap as some of their abilities are misleading. Berserkers hit extremely hard as well but they rely a lot on positioning and other people's CC in PvP. The standard ranked 3s team from a few weeks ago was something like Lancer/Sorc/Priest or something like that.

Priest/Mystic tend to be equal in opposite ways, priests heal for a lot more but mystics have much more CC. Good mystics can still heal full groups pretty easily.

Tanks are again based on skill, a warrior tank can tank as good as a lancer but generally lancers are preferred as they're much easier to learn and people trust them more to hold aggro. Their resource pool is more expendable than warriors. They also tend to do a lot of damage (unless wallop and all that got nerfed recently).

As far as soloing mystics tend to be the hardest to solo with, I'd wager lancers are the easiest to solo with.

Really some classes are regarded as bad but generally some skill/research/knowledge puts them at the same level as other people, even berserkers can get to a point where they perform pretty well in PvP, though I'm not sure there are many in 3v3s.
---
GET ******* REAL, THIS GAME ISN'T SUPPOSED TO BE REALISTIC YOU DUMB **** IF YOU WANT REALISM JUMP IN FRONT OF A SEMI - sonicrjk
2 years ago#3
2pp3nd1x posted...
I have 2 60s and haven't played in a few weeks so take some of this with a grain of salt.

Best DPS

Sorc
Berserker
Archer?

Archers have some strong abilities that can one shot in PvP, their PvE isn't bad but requires a higher skill cap as some of their abilities are misleading. Berserkers hit extremely hard as well but they rely a lot on positioning and other people's CC in PvP. The standard ranked 3s team from a few weeks ago was something like Lancer/Sorc/Priest or something like that.

Priest/Mystic tend to be equal in opposite ways, priests heal for a lot more but mystics have much more CC. Good mystics can still heal full groups pretty easily.

Tanks are again based on skill, a warrior tank can tank as good as a lancer but generally lancers are preferred as they're much easier to learn and people trust them more to hold aggro. Their resource pool is more expendable than warriors. They also tend to do a lot of damage (unless wallop and all that got nerfed recently).

As far as soloing mystics tend to be the hardest to solo with, I'd wager lancers are the easiest to solo with.

Really some classes are regarded as bad but generally some skill/research/knowledge puts them at the same level as other people, even berserkers can get to a point where they perform pretty well in PvP, though I'm not sure there are many in 3v3s.

My two cents: Slayer is slightly better than archer by the same amount that archer is better than warrior. Zekers have huge hits, but like the above said, rely heavily on positioning: if you miss with one ability, you're already doing a lot less dmg than the rest of the dps in your grp. Sorcs have very high burst but burn through mana pretty quickly and require a "recharge" period (unless you have a good mystic standing next to you dropping tears). They are also "glass cannon" type characters, it's not uncommon for you to be one shot even in +9 gear, current in regards to the dungeon you're in, (less so at 60, but one shot mechs are another story) if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time.

No class is particularly underpowered or overpowered. Mystics, for example, don't have the raw heals that priests have and are the hardest class to level, but they are the preferred heals for a lot of endgame content: pack great buffs for your dps and can pretty much keep their grps mana full, increasing the grps damage even further.
I think EME did a pretty good job balancing classes in this game.
---
GT: thatKevinkid
the first man on the moon was soma, and he got there by yorick jumping.
2 years ago#4
My main is my Priest and I enjoy it a lot- it seems very balanced with high survivability soloing and when I get attacked in PvP by things close to my level, and obviously has a contributing role in groups. I had a duel the other day with a Warrior though and got shredded, but that may be because my machine only runs the game on about 10 FPS.

My Zerker is definitely sustainable in solo play but I get merc'd pretty easily when sustained DPS classes attack me
---
"We, Jaina, are the New Jedi Order... and this is OUR war." -Kyp Durron
2 years ago#5
DPS
Sorc
Zerk
Slayer
archer
warrior

general PvE
Zerk
sorc
slayer
warrior
archer
lancer

Bams solo
lancer
zerk/sorc/archer
slayer/warrior

PvP
Mystic/priests
sorc
archer
lancer
slayer/warrior
zerk
---
Parachutes are for Girls.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#7
Slayers are one of those classes that rely on crits for high dps. If you have all your crit glyphs they are about as powerful as sorc/zerk. My slayer is my favorite class and I have 6 level 60s. Just missing archer and mystic.
---
Did you say something?
2 years ago#8
Warriors are better than sorcs at general PvE due to how range-restricted sorcs' spells are and how versatile warriors are. Though, sorcs do become quite good at lv48.

Sorcerers are hands down worse than warriors at soloing BAMs, warriors are really good at it
---
Sharing your secret with someone means you involve them in your problems.
2 years ago#9
Archers are generally considered worst dps overall in PVE.

For top DPS

Sorc, Zerker, Slayer, Warrior.

The margin of difference between them all is fairly small however, the differences between how they do their damage and how they play however, is quite large.

Archers have some use in a couple of boss fights where crits are useless, but otherwise they don't really hold up, they are the only dps that lags a noticeable difference behind the other 4.

In pvp I've seen pretty much every class destroy every other class. Boils down to skill.

I dont know why people put zerk as underpowered in pvp, because they aren't. They just require far more skill and precision than any of the other classes.
---
Mowowowow.
2 years ago#10
However, in 1 on 1, Warriors are generally considered to have an extreme technical edge over other classes.
---
Mowowowow.
  1. Boards
  2. TERA
  3. Which classes are overpowered, underpowered?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
wts accountkyousukez9117/30 7:16AM