Stuck on the tutorial island (missed some quests?)

#1blade6321Posted 7/24/2013 5:39:14 AM
Me and my friend have been playing through, and he's got the quest where you need to teleport into the dungeon and kill someone (begins with K?). But I can't see any active "story"/orange quests, and there's no markers on my map indiciating where to go. We tried looking at our quest logs, and we've visited the "camp" in the bottom right several times, but no one has any quests bar the repeatable one.

Any way to "skip" quests or something? That, or a complete list of quests you "must do" in order would be helpful, thanks.

(This is written from my friend's point of view FYI, I am the guy who's got the quest to teleport).
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#2opfer_gvPosted 7/24/2013 5:48:44 AM
Portal is NW from bottom camp. You should able to see some kind of huge gate from far and when you get close enough, there is portal you can use at base of that gate.
#3blade6321(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 5:49:36 AM
You misunderstand; one of us can do that quest, but the other seems to have missed a quest along the way and can't go through it.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#4megamaster_74Posted 7/24/2013 6:02:29 AM
I'd like to give you more details but since the last big patch, the Island of Dawn's quests were moved around. The best I can tell you is to try these:
-Meet the woman near the road, past the bridge at the south end of "Terron Run".
-Speak to the guy at the bottom of the hill with a path that leads to "Mysterious Ruins".
-Speak to the general/captain guy at the top of "Tower Base".
-Make sure your friend is sufficiently leveled.
---
"My long-term plan is to drift into a job where I have no impact on anything." -Wally
#5opfer_gvPosted 7/24/2013 6:08:41 AM(edited)
Hmm.. send in ticket and get help from GM.. but I'd say remake toon from scratch. Should be able to catch up in an hour or something (and might be able to find what you have missed).
I'd love to help but they removed a lot from that isle with new patch and don't know what is going in that place right now. Might be make new toon just to figure out what is changed when I have time. Sorry mate.
#6clowningPosted 7/26/2013 7:56:13 PM
Isn't there a level minimum for that quest? I guess it's 10, now...not really sure.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#7FFStarkPosted 8/3/2013 2:46:17 AM
Not stuck but got a question...

I already leveled 3 chars to around lv20 but never got any farther. now I started again and I never got to the south western part of the isle where you need to get that sword for leander or whatever... is it actually supposed to be like this now? cause there are no NPCs when I go there myself...
#8opfer_gvPosted 8/3/2013 3:59:58 AM
FFStark posted...

I already leveled 3 chars to around lv20 but never got any farther. now I started again and I never got to the south western part of the isle where you need to get that sword for leander or whatever... is it actually supposed to be like this now? cause there are no NPCs when I go there myself...

Made new character few days ago to check out.. Looks like they have shortened the quest line in Isle of Dawn now - plus overall EXP requirement to level is lowered as well. That place is no longer used (except for some leveling up gathering) so you can ignore it safely. Oh and Leander is now in Tower base if you wondering.
---
"Love" is such a cheap word.. I can bet it's on sale for a dollar somewhere.
- Anonymous
#9nhatPosted 8/4/2013 10:49:32 AM
opfer_gv posted...
FFStark posted...

Made new character few days ago to check out.. Looks like they have shortened the quest line in Isle of Dawn now - plus overall EXP requirement to level is lowered as well. That place is no longer used (except for some leveling up gathering) so you can ignore it safely. Oh and Leander is now in Tower base if you wondering.

Yea they streamline that area and the lumbertown area too
---
PSO- 09