Minus Staff Puzzle Solutions (Spoilers!)
Note: The solutions presented here are solely to get you from Point A to Point B to continue the storyline as quickly as possible, not as a means to collect all the treasure on your first run. In order to get all chests, you must retread the same ground.
First "Puzzle": Outside The Town
- When the puzzle starts there should be a Minus Staff directly in front of your character. Take it and head north.
- Keep walking until you get to a second minus staff. Take it and continue going north.
- You should have two staffs as you're in front of the Waterfall. Stand on the wooden pier-looking thing in front of the waterfall. Use the Minus Staff on the Waterfall.
- Head all the way south and all the way east. Travel north, through the now shallow river bed.
- Near the door to the town you should see a Minus Staff. Take it and head west, then south. You should see a broken bridge.
- Use the Minus Staff on the broken bridge. Cross the bridge. (Please note, there are two broken bridges in this area. If you followed this guide, there is little chance you confused them, but if you just randomly took a guess, there is a chance you wound up at the wrong bridge)
- Head North once again to the Waterfall. Use your final Minus Staff on the place the Waterfall once stood. The water will flow once again.
- Go south, east through the bridge you just fixed, then North East towards the door leading to the town.
Second "Puzzle": The Mushroom Forest
- When the puzzle starts there should be a Minus Staff directly in front of your character. Take it and head south then east so you're in front of a [b]small[/b] pink mushroom.
- Using the Minus Staff causes the 'shroom to grow. From here, head north east. Next, head south, then west until you can get the Minus Staff.
- Step on the mushroom that is most to the right and use the Minus Staff.
- Head north and grab the final minus staff of this area.
- Head as far south as possible, then travel east towards the second area.
- As you begin the second area, you should already have one Minus Staff if you were following this guide.
- Travel west, past the first rock and ivy, over the first bridge and approach the second rock and ivy. Use the Minus Staff on the ivy. This causes the rock to fall into the river on the right, plugging it up.
- Head east, but stop in the now shallow river bed. Head south a bit and grab the Minus Staff on the left. (It's a little hard to see.)
- Continue traveling east until you see a third rock and ivy. Use the Minus Staff on the ivy. The rock rolls to the right, knocking two Minus Staffs out of the tree on the right.
- Go to the tree and pick up two Minus Staffs.
- Head all the way west until you get to the first rock and ivy. Use a Minus Staff on the ivy.
- Head as far south as you can go until you see some large moss to your right. Use the Minus Staff. After this, you should have no Minus Staffs left.
- Head north, then east into the now shallow river bed.
- Head south, and you may see some stairs leading higher up, but don't go up just yet. Continue south just a little bit more to get one final Minus Staff.
- Head a little bit north and east, up the stairs. Use the Minus Staff on the moss.
- Walk past the moss and head south.
Third "Puzzle": Zeman's Castle
Note: The Green Platform travels 1 space over counter clockwise
The Red Platform travels 2 spaces over counter clockwise
The Yellow Platform travels 4 spaces over counter clockwise
There are 8 staffs and only 6 torches. That means you must light and unlight a torch at least once.
I believe words don't quite do this puzzle justice, so here's a terrible diagram:
Use the Minus Staff on the torches in the order described by the numbers. Please note, you must light, unlight, then light the torch in the center, at different moments in time.
Also note that when given the opportunity to do so, you should take as many Minus Staffs as you possibly can. For example, when the puzzle begins you can get up to five. Though that doesn't mean you absolutely need five before you light the first torch, its merely a warning in hopes you don't miss a staff or two and then have no way of completing the puzzle.
In closing, good luck and thank you for your time.
Since the game is now out in America, I feel the need to bump this.
What happened to your other account?
Judgment x - Duelistgroundz
Format Record - 39-8
Closed it out of boredom. Why?
Judgment x - Duelistgroundz
Format Record - 39-8
Dude thnx a lot for help
But in the third task i have only 6 minus staffs
what should i do???
Someone know how to get the treasure chest in Area 1?
From: ichigo141992 | #007
You probably missed two staffs, Double check the area really well. There are eight of them.
Two on the same platform as you when the puzzle starts, two in the center, and one on the same platform as each other torch. (Labeled 2,3, 7 and 5 on the diagram)
From: DMaster3 | #008
The only way to get the treasure chests is to backtrack through the area after you've already solved it. (IE, the only way to get the Treasure Chest in front of the town is to start at the town. The only way to get the chests in the forest is to start from where you found Regulus.)
the picture in zemans castle puzzle link is wrong. When i did it it surely did not look like that picture but it still helped me finish it. So if your puzzle is looking like its not ending correct it really is.
Queen Of Games. Screw the rules, i have money
Yugioh 5d's 2010 fc. 4941 7300 7375