[R/F] Ancient Sacred Wyvern Deck

#1roflskatesPosted 3/8/2010 1:50:53 PM
Basically my deck is based around Ancient Sacred Wyvern, hence the light synchros. the idea is to boost your LP through traps and such. it works fine against AI's but i want to make it more online competitive so tell me what i should fix... don't be harsh tho =D

Monsters (24)
Guardian Angel Joan x2

Destiny Hero - Malicious x2
Golden Homunculus x1
Soul of Purity and Light x2

Chaos-End Master x3
Fabled Raven x1
Honest x2
Neo-Spacian Air Hummingbird x1
Nimble Momonga x3
Shining Angel x3
Sunny Pixie x3
The Fabled Cerburrel x1

Spells (12)
Brain Control x1
Cestus of Dagla x2
Fairy Meteor Crush x2
Giant Trunade x1
Heavy Storm x1
Lightening Vortex x1
Magical Mallet x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Swords of Revealing Light x1

Traps (10)
Call of the Haunted x1
Dark Bribe x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Draining Shield x2
Mirror Force x1
Rainbow Life x1
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra (15)
Ancient Sacred Wyvern x3
Other Synchros x12

I would like to shave it down to 40, there is a slight dead draw issue i.e i once got 4 cards i had to sacrifice for on the first turn. so i put in mallets to help remedy this.
#2SquidlingPosted 3/8/2010 1:58:43 PM
sucks
#3roflskates(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2010 2:23:55 PM
Well that was helpful =\
#4dwayne405Posted 3/8/2010 2:25:07 PM
dont listen to him hes an *******
---
this is the good ****
#5BassGSXPosted 3/8/2010 5:09:52 PM

I like, its innovative and different from what we usually see people showing off nowadays. There's just a few possible inconsistencies that can probably be made better..

A few suggestions I would make would be to thin the deck a little bit to make what you need more quickly accessable to you, the smaller your deck, the higher your ratio of obtaining cards you will need to set up your strategy sooner.

-1 Shining Angel

-1 Sunny Pixie

-1 Chaos-End Master

You already have a lot of Tuners, maybe more than you actually need. Shining Angel, as well as all those other 1500 ATK fetchers are usually fine at 2. I know Chaos-End Master works well with this deck, but you'll have an easier time getting it when the deck is smaller, you'll also be able to search it out with angels anyway.

-2 Magical Mallets

They sound tempting, but they're a -1, and I find them to be more often than not an inconvenience.

+1 Mind Control

You're incoperating quite a bit of Tuners in your deck, so this would be a pretty good card to include in your arsanel.

-1 Rainbow Life

It's a -1. Depleting your precious hand resources for a little short-term Life Point gain isn't a good idea.

Now your deck should be siting comfortably at a count of 41. For a deck count of 40, I would take out a Fairy Meteor Crush or Giant Trunade. Equip Spell cards are generally frowned upon, as they're easily removed, and Giant Trunade, may possibly give you but a clear opening for a single onsaught free from the grip of Traps, still pretty situational though.

Well, good luck with your deck. :)

#6roflskates(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2010 2:31:24 AM
Cheers dude ill try your fixes as soon as possible =D
#7SirGenetixPosted 3/9/2010 2:52:40 AM
I am doing this to only I am takin lunas and jumblin it around a bit. Also makin morphs cuz Leo and luna are my faves along with Akiza. Back on topic I say stick with it no matter what and tweak the hell out of it. When you notice a hole fill it instead of usin a cop-out deck.
#8roflskates(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2010 2:55:29 AM
thats why i made it. online like every second person is either using like a bw deck, i made this one to be different
#9SirGenetixPosted 3/9/2010 3:04:44 AM
Yep I see Burn, LS, Bw, And monarch. I have CB, FL, Female warrior, a Synchron focused synchro, Fire Princess deck. My decks I am workin on are Morphtronic, Luna, Plant, Harpie. I use all my decks on wifi no cop-out for me. If you need to test I am available.
---
Ygo 2010 fc - 5285-3292-2206