Cards Rulings about "Starlight Road"

#1systemjimmyPosted 3/27/2010 5:11:17 AM
I'm posting this since not all people know it. Today in my regional tournament people argued that Stardust Dragon special summoned by the effect of Starlight Road can use his effect and special summon itself during the End Phase. And that's NOT POSSIBLE!

Sourcre: Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki

The Special Summon by the effect of "Starlight Road" is not treated as a Synchro Summon. Thus, if the Special Summoned "Stardust Dragon" activates its effect and Tributes itself, then during the End Phase it cannot Special Summon itself. Likewise, the Special Summoned "Stardust Dragon" cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard by effects like "Call of the Haunted"

Also:

"Royal Oppression" may negate the effect of "Starlight Road", even though it is unknown at activation whether or not "Starlight Road" will Special Summon "Stardust Dragon". "Royal Oppression" may negate the effect of "Starlight Road" even if "Stardust Dragon" may not be Special Summoned, such as if "Vanity's Fiend" is on the field or if there is no "Stardust Dragon" in the Extra Deck.
---
Yu-Gi-Oh! Stardust Accelerator WC 2009 friend code: 4468 7029 9725
Magician's Quest Mysterious Times friend code: 0388 5358 6886
#2DarkestDionPosted 3/27/2010 5:21:55 AM
Its so cold in here

and the may negate means that the opponent can choose if he wants to activate Royal Oppression, both player can decide not to use Royal Oppression after all.
---
Dusk's Precipice ~ http://www.x.se/8t3f
Dueling was never this good. ~=Open Registration=~ WC10 FC: 3653-2315-3714
#3PRWolf20Posted 3/27/2010 5:21:59 AM
Thats cause people who argued it are bad players everyone knows if you use Starlight Road to bring out Stardust and Stardust uses its effect then it doesn't come back
#4ZeausPosted 3/27/2010 9:28:44 AM
Is this how it works in the DS game now? Is it a bug then? I could starlight road a SD dragon and use its effect still.
---
YGO WC 2008 = Brose 0172-9803-6479
#5ShamackPosted 3/27/2010 9:54:12 AM
wait, what?

none of this makes sense

1. where does it say that i can only negate, then special summon ONLY if it was synchro summoned (in Stardust's Effect)

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can Tribute this card to negate the activation of a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect that destroys a card(s) on the field, and destroy that card. If you negate an effect this way, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard during the End Phase.

2. if this is true, then Stardust wouldn't be able to reborn itselfs a second time

If it must be Synchro Summoned, and not Special Summoned, then after Special Summoning itselfs after activating it's effect, then that Special Summon isn't a Synchro Summon, and hence although it can tribute itself, it cannot reborn

what kind of bull ruling is this >.>
yes, i've never used Starlight Road... call me a noob if you must >.> just answer me first
---
The Kaizen Dragon and Master of Dark and Light
MW2 Clan ~ [N1LB] No-one Left Behind ~ http://s1.zetaboards.com/N1LB/index/
#6MAtt5TERPosted 3/27/2010 10:38:17 AM
Why bother quoting Wikia, an unofficial source, when you can simply quote from Konami?

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/articles/?p=1579

However, since this “Stardust Dragon” isn’t properly Synchro Summoned it works a little bit differently to a regular Stardust. If a “Stardust Dragon” that was Summoned with “Starlight Road” leaves the field, it can’t be brought back with cards like “Call of the Haunted” or “Goyo Guardian.” It can’t Special Summon itself if it uses its own effect either, but since you got to bring it out for free in the first place with “Starlight Road,” it’s a small price to pay. You can still use the effect of “Stardust Dragon” to negate something though, which could be enough to win you the Duel.
---
This sentence is as meaningless as you.
#7LRN_2_PLAYPosted 3/27/2010 11:05:06 AM
If it must be Synchro Summoned, and not Special Summoned, then after Special Summoning itselfs after activating it's effect, then that Special Summon isn't a Synchro Summon, and hence although it can tribute itself, it cannot reborn

Its summoning requirements were never met in the first place...

---
Dusk's Precipice ~ http://www.x.se/8t3f
Dueling was never this good. ~=Open Registration=~
#8systemjimmy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2010 11:23:02 AM
No there's no bug in the game. If you special summon Stardust with Starlight Road you can use his effect to negate something but then you can never bring it back from the graveyard since the official rules say that you must synchro summon a synchro monster properly in order to special summon it a second time with a special summon. But you can still activate assault mode activate to bring SDAM really easy.
---
Yu-Gi-Oh! Stardust Accelerator WC 2009 friend code: 4468 7029 9725
Magician's Quest Mysterious Times friend code: 0388 5358 6886
#9systemjimmy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2010 11:34:01 AM
1. where does it say that i can only negate, then special summon ONLY if it was synchro summoned (in Stardust's Effect)

In Stardust effect there's no such comment. The official rules say that. You must synchro summon a synchro monster in order to special summon it with an effect later.

2. if this is true, then Stardust wouldn't be able to reborn itselfs a second time

In fact it wouldn't be able to reborn itself with it's effect at all.
#10melikepizzaPosted 3/27/2010 12:54:09 PM
Does this mean you can Oppression a Macro Cosmos with no Helios? It was a question I was meant to ask a while ago.
---
Judgment x - Duelistgroundz
Format Record - 39-8