Can someone explain to me Victory Dragon?

#1TacticianXPosted 5/2/2010 7:07:57 AM
Topic. I don't really understand it, or why its banned. Like, if you reduce their LP to zero, don't you win anyway? Sorry for noob question.
---
Are people the dominant race or are they just overly self absorbed?
#2harmy52Posted 5/2/2010 7:10:54 AM
You win the MATCH. not the duel, the Match.
#3TacticianX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 7:11:54 AM
OH! Ok that makes more sense now.
---
Are people the dominant race or are they just overly self absorbed?
#4DarkestDionPosted 5/2/2010 7:12:21 AM
Well, it wins the Match, and a match consist of best of three duels.

Its banned because to avoid arguments since opponent can scoop (surrender) anytime in a duel in real life and get away with it before the match winner triggers.
---
FC Info in Quote
#5Random_MemberPosted 5/2/2010 8:17:30 AM
I would like to see a bunch of nerds raging over something like that in a public card game or tournament.
#6DrayGon7777Posted 5/2/2010 3:26:48 PM
Ok, so it's only really a problem if done IRL since the opponent can surrender as soon as the card hits the field? I guwess, then, if I wanted to use my one allowable forbidden card for Victory Dragon, it'd more or less be what the banlist should be if surrendering weren't allowed? XD I've always wanted to be able to use this card as soon as it came out... but as soon as it came out, it got ban hammered. >.>
---
Signature? I don't need no stinkin' signature. :P
#7Dice PowerPosted 5/2/2010 3:29:16 PM
I would like to see a bunch of nerds raging over something like that in a public card game or tournament.

That's why there are judges at such places, so that the raging people can look stupid for doing so since their role is to adhere to the ruling of the judge regardless of its truth value.
---
"This is a Yu-Gi-Oh discussion board, not a Yu-Whine-Oh discussion board." ~UltimateWai
#8levelmaster2Posted 5/2/2010 3:29:41 PM
If they surrender because Victory Dragon or any of the other Match Winners are on the field, it results in a big penalty.
---
Levels are fun and very complicated. I am the Level Master!
2010 FC 0002 5206 4993 name Josh
#9FredCat07Posted 5/2/2010 3:47:24 PM
Its banned because to avoid arguments since opponent can scoop (surrender) anytime in a duel in real life and get away with it before the match winner triggers.

That's only happening during their turn, not during opponent's turn if Victory Dragon is summoned. As they don't know that their LP is less than his ATK points, or less than his decreased ATK (due to Bow) and pwned them.
---
All Hail the FredCat!! ~Blam
Brawl Code: 1676-3646-9077
#10Dice PowerPosted 5/2/2010 5:19:10 PM
If they surrender because Victory Dragon or any of the other Match Winners are on the field, it results in a big penalty.

This is not correct in any part of the TCG, unless the head judge makes a poor decision.
---
"This is a Yu-Gi-Oh discussion board, not a Yu-Whine-Oh discussion board." ~UltimateWai