Anybody get fired for reviewing this game?

#1tooguapoPosted 9/14/2010 8:01:39 AM
I seem to recall Jeff got fired from gamespot for giving the first game a 6 after eidos spent a ton advertising on their page. No offense to IO, i love their Mini Ninja game, but what Eidos and GS did to jeff was terrible. And the guy was just telling the truth too.
---
10 Karmas is all I need to prove me right
#2qqxLVPosted 9/14/2010 2:08:33 PM

You should be happy he didn't got killed...

#3nodoctorsPosted 9/15/2010 2:57:36 PM
Actually he was fired for not even playing the game and not doing his job on top of his questionable performance noted from fellow gamespot employees. But to answer your question, no. Nobody got fired over a published video game review this time either. Surprise. I do wonder about the age group of those that actually believe somebody got fired over giving a video game an okay score and what other conspiracy theories they subscribe to.
---
«- .·´¯`•one of the gitaroo elite•´¯`·. -»
.....·.•Master. We're in a tight spot•.·.....
#4joemamasanPosted 9/24/2010 5:44:17 PM
Actually he was fired for that review. And actually all of those fellow gamespot employees that you say questioned his performance, well they quit because he was fired for his K&L review. It was actually pretty big news so I'm surprised you missed it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameSpot#Gerstmann_dismissal

I'm sure Jeff is happier with giantbomb though so actually it all worked out in the end.
#5retroGRAD3Posted 10/1/2010 5:59:17 AM
"Actually he was fired for not even playing the game and not doing his job on top of his questionable performance noted from fellow gamespot employees. But to answer your question, no. Nobody got fired over a published video game review this time either. Surprise. I do wonder about the age group of those that actually believe somebody got fired over giving a video game an okay score and what other conspiracy theories they subscribe to."

I love how you act like you know the guy personally. You are either an ego maniac or a troll, or both?