Dragon Eggs (minor spoilers)

#1Reap_This_WhirlPosted 10/15/2010 2:20:10 PM
So Dragon eggs are earned according to an old thread on here by beating certain bosses in certain times.

Dragon Egg 1: Defeat Idura at Tanbel Mines
Dragon Egg 2: Defeat Wormeye at Logismos Temple
Dragon Egg 3: Defeat Gades at Soma Temple (2nd Battle only, when you have 4 Party Members)
Dragon Egg 4: Defeat Amon at Logismos Temple
Dragon Egg 5: Defeat Gades at Sky Island
Dragon Egg 6: Defeat Amon at Sky Island
Dragon Egg 7: Survive Erim at Sky Island
Dragon Egg 8: Defeat Daos at Sky Island

Anyone been able to get Dragon Egg #3? I keep trying and have no luck beating him quickly enough to earn it. My Maxim is level 34, I have his grid filled out, and still no luck. Any pointers?

That is the right battle, correct?
#2CW Boi 209Posted 10/15/2010 4:04:16 PM
Wait wait wait, so if I don't get #1 then it's too late? :( .
---
Ace Attorney Online: An Online Multilanguage Phoenix Wright Trial Maker
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/
#3RevenantThingsPosted 10/15/2010 4:07:12 PM
For now. You can always try again in the second playthrough.
---
Currently Playing: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (DS), Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Wii)
#4CW Boi 209Posted 10/15/2010 4:31:11 PM
Is there like a new game plus or something then? Don't want to replay the game again any time soon unless there are things that can only be gotten on a second run.
---
#5Reap_This_Whirl(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2010 4:32:44 PM
Nevermind I found a way. You really just need to put as many Strength + panels as you can fit onto Maxim's area (I had a few Crits in there to and brought that to 28) and then use the Cross Dash at his core and then combo until you hit the lava over and over. I was able to do it before he hardened the core and finally got the egg.
#6RevenantThingsPosted 10/15/2010 8:36:04 PM
There is a new game plus option. You have to replay it if you want full access to the Ancient Cave (which is available from the outset of the new game). There is also an alternate ending.
---
Currently Playing: Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (DS), Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (Wii)
#7CW Boi 209Posted 10/15/2010 10:19:25 PM
Okay, then that's great I guess. Does anything carry over, or is it just like Retry mode where exp and gold are doubled?
---
#8RevenantThingsPosted 10/15/2010 10:56:06 PM
Any blue text equipment/stone pieces will carry over. Plus, I think Iris gives you a handful of items when she joins and Jessy should offer a new set (or maybe a continued count) of items for soul shard trading.
---
#9SinReViPosted 10/16/2010 4:22:36 AM
One time in normal mode I maxed out all the soul shard rewards (600?)
when I went to ng+ mode, Iris didn't give me anything that time...
Jessy had a new set of rewards in ng+, starting from 400 soul shards.

---
Lufia - Curse of the Sinistrals
~ OUT NOW!!! ~ Nintendo DS ~
#10RevenantThingsPosted 10/16/2010 8:26:29 AM
Maybe Iris hands over the rest of the original game rewards? I remember getting at least five things from her, but I don't remember if I was maxed on Jessy by then.
---