Are you kidding me?!

#1DeathProfitPosted 7/5/2012 11:49:35 AM
I am honestly getting tired of game developers "copy prohibiting" save files. I experienced the YLOD 3 times and because of it I constantly back up all my saves. While locked save files can be copied to a external HDD the problem is those files are locked to the serial number of said PS3 rather than the user name. This means, that when you get the YLOD (which means a new PS3), you lose those locked files.

I know that people can simply copy onto the cloud server if you're a playstation plus member, but I don't believe in having to pay money to back up MY information. Does anyone know a way to contact Feelplus? They are apparently the company that developed this for the PS3. Guess Grasshopper was too busy. I would like to ask them to please patch this so it unlocks the save lock. Capcom did it with RE5 so I don't see why these guys can't. This is very frustrating.
---
"Here abandoned in my fame, armageddon of the brain..." - Michael Jackson
- Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous. -
#2rodwipeisdeadPosted 7/6/2012 2:26:02 PM
I'd like to know what idiot came up with this idiot concept. How did the thought of something this stupid even cross anyone's mind, let alone get implemented?

Doesn't it make you want to punch someone in the face?
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.
#3Shadow ReaverPosted 7/7/2012 7:57:37 PM
no one likes it an people have been contacting Sony and developers about Removing it completely yet they seem to be unwilling to do so. what i do personally is when a company CPs a save and i like the game i buy it cheap and used so that the developer does not get my money but i still get the fun game.

also note ALL grasshopper games have CP saves along with MOST EA games now and a few Lucas Arts and Bandai games.

here is a current list of ALL CP games

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/62819-ps3ts-official-locked-saved-games-thread.html
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#4DeathProfit(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 8:02:39 PM
rodwipeisdead posted...
I'd like to know what idiot came up with this idiot concept. How did the thought of something this stupid even cross anyone's mind, let alone get implemented?

Doesn't it make you want to punch someone in the face?

More than you know. It is an asinine idea. Hey Shadow Reaver, thanks for the link. From now on I am not buying games new that have the CP save data. I love buying games new but I cannot give my money to a company that does this.
---
"Here abandoned in my fame, armageddon of the brain..." - Michael Jackson
- Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous. -
#5Shadow ReaverPosted 7/16/2012 8:00:32 AM
i agree that is why i said myself when a company does that i buy cheap and used.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#6Iampony1Posted 7/23/2012 7:57:01 PM
This concept is stupid because its supposed to make the player acquire Trophies
If there were optional Memory cards or simply a lock or erase Trophy function people would stop switching to steam
---
Any product from Motoumo Toriyama to his fans was made out of greed with lack of passion.
The dude wrote for Mindjack for gods sake!!!
#7CLupulaPosted 8/5/2012 9:12:48 AM
Well, it's not 100% a positive, BUT you can back up those saves to the cloud if you have PS+
#8HamstermilkPosted 8/23/2012 7:13:22 AM
CLupula posted...
Well, it's not 100% a positive, BUT you can back up those saves to the cloud if you have PS+

Oh, I wonder why Sony encourages locked save files indeed ^^