I Recommend It

#1GamersLoftPosted 11/25/2009 6:35:51 PM
I haven't took a chance on any of the "minis" until now, however, I'm a sucker for any golf game.
Considering the $6.99 asking price, I recommend this to anyone who likes Hot Shots style golf. It's very similar, just bare-bones.

There are 4 full courses set in varying locales and 4 different characters to choose from; two male and two female. You can earn new balls and clothes (with perk attributes) as you win tournaments. There are three difficulty levels and you can monitor your win progress in the options menu.

This is exactly the type of game that I would expect from a so-called "mini".

---
#2ZenvisionPosted 11/27/2009 7:45:44 AM
Are you affiliated with Gameloft?
#3GamersLoft(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2009 12:28:35 PM
I have noticed a weird glitch. A couple of times while playing a tournament I came in first (in score and points) but it's showing my best place is 2nd. ??

Still a lot of fun for the money. It feels good knowing I'm the only person in the world enjoying this.

---
#4supercammandoPosted 11/28/2009 9:08:58 PM
The PS1 versions of Hot Shots Golf (both 1 and 2) are available on the PSN store, for play on PSP. And they are CHEAPER. Why would you buy this?

Does this game track any course stats or your play stats, for things like best score, total birdies, eagles, pars, etc?
---
Games without a scoreboard FAIL
#5GamersLoft(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 2:33:50 PM
I put over 100 hours into the PSX Hot Shots games over 10 years ago. I'm not interested in visiting that again, I want something new.
Why would I buy this? I've been gaming since 1974...I buy what interests me.

I'm noticing that it's quite difficult to read the elevation change when lining up your shot, but I'm progressively learning how to judge that.
Still having fun with this, but it takes quite a while to get medals in all tournaments with all the characters on every difficulty...gonna take some time.

---
#6supercammandoPosted 11/30/2009 11:25:35 AM
Does this game track any course stats or your play stats, for things like best score, total birdies, eagles, pars, etc?

---
Games without a scoreboard FAIL
#7GamersLoft(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2009 2:21:35 PM
It tracks your best scores for each tournament and also all the trophies you've won.

Unfortunately there are no in depth stats.

---