Loot Game Glitchy?

#1tr0tsky_basicPosted 6/26/2010 1:27:59 PM
Very often I'll match 5 and get a rare chest, only for it to disappear right away (without matching/adding to my rare total). Happens for green chests as well, but I don't really care about those.

Anyone else?
---
GT: trotsky0
#2TeslaviPosted 6/26/2010 1:30:14 PM
Nope, never had this happen, except for chests getting eliminated from the rising floor, but I'm sure you're talking about something else.
#3tr0tsky_basic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2010 1:31:13 PM
Basically, as soon as they appear, they get "matched" again, without any other chests around, like the game was confusing them with coins, and they get removed from the board.
---
#4weezboPosted 6/26/2010 9:48:05 PM
Happens to me, too. Which is especially annoying, since the loot game is so luck based anyway. The last thing I need is to have rare chests disappear on me for no reason.
#5psoRangerPosted 6/27/2010 10:51:42 AM
I dislike the loot mini-game, it's broken and luck based. Bad combination. Walking out with 1 green chest over and over is depressing.
---
1-29-01 Phantasy Star Online
#6TeslaviPosted 6/27/2010 10:53:31 AM
Well, you're free to not loot. I don't think they ever force you to do it.
#7tr0tsky_basic(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2010 11:00:24 AM
I usually just let the game tell me which ones to match. All of my current gear I've bought from the shops anyway.
---
#8LandslydePosted 6/28/2010 4:37:45 AM
Walking out with 1 green chest over and over is depressing.

Before the game is over (or the You Win screen fades) press start and quit. Start over. Problem solved.
#9eharper256Posted 6/28/2010 5:05:50 AM
Huh, I don't have much of a problem with it.

Its routinely quite easy to pick up at least 1 rare and about 300 gold. Just always focus on the bottom most column matches you can (unless you can see a 5 match) since it cause stuf to fall down, and the best way to get stuff is cause as big as a cascade as possible and force rare generation from that 'heroic effort' bonus.

Once you've got a few rare icons, focus on moving them near one another with matches, rather than the gold you might get, which is paltry in comparison to what you might get from selling an item, usually.
---
"If the world's a stage, and the people actors, then who the **** has my script?"
#10sector24Posted 6/28/2010 5:18:11 AM
I like the loot game, but I do know what you are talking about and it is a bug. It happens when you match 4 or 5 of a kind in one direction and at least 3 in another direction. If the green or blue item is going to spawn in the intersection of those two matches, it spawns but is immediately destroyed by the other match. I didn't think it was that big a deal, usually it happens due to cascade luck and not the player's intention.

Just as a counterpoint though, I've gotten 5 green, 5 blue, and 400+ gold in a single chest. I rarely come out of the game with less than 3 green and 2 blue per chest. There is a lot of luck yes, but there is also a good bit of strategy which minimizes the need for luck. And if you think you're "missing out" I wouldn't worry, the items you get are almost never good enough to equip. The shops always have better items in my experience.