Level editor.

#1Steven-ChasePosted 12/12/2009 11:33:22 AM
Please please please, Capcom.

Mega Man Powered Up had some of the best features to ever hit a Mega Man game, especially the level editor. Obviously the PSP and chibi-style were not what fans were looking for. Now that you've realized that fans want NES-style and DLC, bring back what made MMPU so awesome.

Bring us a level editor.
---
"We live, as we dream -- alone." - Joseph Conrad
#2KingDedede16Posted 12/12/2009 11:41:24 AM
This would be an epic win. I'd love to see this happen. However, I'm not so sure it will for some reason...
---
"Somebody has set up us the bomb!"
Brawl FC:2836-2129-2079(KingD)MK Wii:5155-7136-6020(KingDDD16)
#3metalshadow2k4Posted 12/12/2009 12:49:07 PM
I could see them having a level builder in the next retail Mega Man game (if there is one at this rate...), but not for a small download game like this.
---
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f117/VanHohenheim/vlcsnap-274632.png
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eB6ttzPajHE
#4HiddenDoorwayPosted 12/12/2009 12:54:18 PM
If there was, I have a feeling it would be DLC.
---
Stuff happened with my old account, so I got tired of not being able to log in and got a new account.
Hi :)
#5psyduck151Posted 12/12/2009 1:09:31 PM
there should also be a boss editor.
nah, what would be the best is if capcom made an entirely seperate game that was like "Megaman Maker" or something. atleast i think that would be fun
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySkRQoOOjqc
#6N64MarioPosted 12/12/2009 1:48:05 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
"there should also be a boss editor.
nah, what would be the best is if capcom made an entirely seperate game that was like "Megaman Maker" or something. atleast i think that would be fun"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's called a fan game. You should try to make one. :)
#7Steven-Chase(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2009 7:18:06 PM
I honestly think a level editor for an NES-styled MM game would fare better than the one we got for MMPU. Although there's a surprising amount of depth and complexity allowed in the MMPU stages, the levels are greatly hindered by the lack of vertical space due to the PSP screen resolution. I'd love to recreate some classic MM levels on the editor, but I quickly realized in my attempt to recreate Tornado Man's stage that there's just not enough room.

There are a couple of other things about the MMPU level editor that hindered it as well which (I would hope) Capcom would reconsider the next time they do a Mega Man level editor, such as... being able to actually place water anywhere instead of restricting it to the Ice Man block set, and forcing it the bottom half of the map... (Not to mention making water actually alter how your character moves...)

Also, what the heck is the deal with limiting objects and enemies in the form of "packs"? You should be able to select ANY object, enemy, backdrop, stage theme, etc. with any combination of one another... even mix and match (ice in a lava stage WHA?) and then go to town.
---
"We live, as we dream -- alone." - Joseph Conrad