MegaMan Unlimited

#1HueyFremanPosted 7/10/2013 8:22:05 PM
Anyone know where to talk about the game that's coming out on Monday? Maybe here?
---
This will remain my signature until Boondocks Season 4 airs... it's gonna be a LONG wait.
#2Luigi_Fan2Posted 7/10/2013 8:58:35 PM
I didn't hear about that until you mentioned it, but I usually don't pay much attention to fan games... I usually refuse to download things from the internet, so I probably won't be playing this. It does sound fun though!

This might be the best place to talk about this, but I'm not sure.

Speaking of fan games, Super Mario Bros. Crossover is supposed to receive an update sometime during this month.
#3lighting_rock84Posted 7/15/2013 7:28:49 AM(edited)
I've played the game and it's good for a fan game, but the length and difficulty of some levels just make me say "why?". Some mid-bosses are hard to get by without getting hurt, the jumping is just awkward as sometimes the jump is short or I land on a edge and fall right away, and the checkpoints are few, which wouldn't bother me, but the stages are so long that it sucks doing everything again.

The good thing is that the bosses fight like Mega Man bosses and some stages are fun, like Comet Women, and Trinitro Man. I'm not that far yet as I still need to beat three more of the Robot Masters before I get to the Fortress stages.

Here is the boss weakness I have so far.

Nail > Tank > Jet >Yoyo > ? > Comet > Trinitro
---
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
Pokemon White FC:0132-4106-0107
#4qzecwxPosted 7/16/2013 7:24:06 PM
Wily 4
---
[Miyamoto] is someone who has forgotten more about game design than you will ever know.
-EvenSpoonier
#5zuschzeroPosted 7/17/2013 9:02:37 AM
Buster only perfect all robot masters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw_qyHK_Dz0
---
Opinions can be wrong. Even global opinions can be wrong!
#6NessEggmanPosted 7/17/2013 11:18:22 AM
Wow, Yoku Man was weird/funny. Game looks pretty fun, though... I'll have to try it. Looks better than SFxMM.
---
"Earth is a silly place. Half the world has no clean water. And the other half has so much, they poo in it."
3DS FC: 2750 1911 5515
#7MogKnightAzurePosted 7/17/2013 8:59:06 PM
I've beaten it.

Weakness chain:

Jet Man > Yo-Yo Man
Yo-Yo Man > Glue Man
Glue Man > Rainbow Man
Rainbow Man > Trinitro Man
Trinitro Man > Yoku Man
Trinitro Man > Nail Man
Nail Man > Tank Man
Tank Man > Comet Woman
Comet Woman > Jet Man
Yoku Man >>>>>>>>>>> Yoku Man

IMO do Trinitro Man first, he's pretty easy. Just don't shoot him in the head!

Now for anyone else who has beaten it... am I missing something at the end of the game? The rest is obvious endgame spoilers: Can that last Wily level play out any differently? None of the weapons seem to work on Zero, at least. But I noticed that just before that room, there's a small, open shaft just above the boss door. Is there a secret pathway in this level somewhere? It just seems to me that this level was a rather strange way to end the game. I can't help but feel there is something else here.
#8Ness0123456789Posted 7/20/2013 12:17:16 PM(edited)
MogKnightAzure posted...
Now for anyone else who has beaten it... am I missing something at the end of the game? The rest is obvious endgame spoilers: Can that last Wily level play out any differently? None of the weapons seem to work on Zero, at least. But I noticed that just before that room, there's a small, open shaft just above the boss door. Is there a secret pathway in this level somewhere? It just seems to me that this level was a rather strange way to end the game. I can't help but feel there is something else here.

No, the final "battle" with Zero is intended to play out like that.

Mega Man was never designed to fight something of Zero's magnitude, period. He was designed by Dr.Light to counter the Robot Masters Wily designed. Wily knew this, and worked on Bass and the Mega Man Killers in an attempt to get around that problem. Obviously they failed, as did his Stardroid Project as well.

Zero, however, is made from a completly different alloy then any Robot Master that Mega Man has faced, and is also bar-none the strongest Reploid in the entire series (yes, that includes X, Zero surpasses him in more ways than one throughout the series).

It would make no sense for Mega Man to be able to defeat Zero, and his defeat at Zero's hands is what leads a lot of major plot points in MMU to their conclusion, as well as helping to explain why Dr.Light started working on the Reploid Project to begin with (and why X was designed as both a living robot and a fighting robot).

In terms of Gameplay, Wily Stage 4 is the final stage of the game. The fifth stage is more or less a glorified interactive cut scene. And personally, I wouldn't have wanted the game to end any other way.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#9este914Posted 7/24/2013 9:03:33 AM
Interesting stuff there
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#10lighting_rock84Posted 7/25/2013 12:56:03 PM
Anybody know the Fortress Bosses Weakness' mainly Bass?
---
Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
Pokemon White FC:0132-4106-0107