Etrian Odyssey 3 Skill Simulator

#1ZarafPosted 6/6/2010 11:00:14 PM
Well, it's finally here....negzee and myself have finally finished our Skill Simulator for EO3. There are just some minor tweaks and features we're adding, but its fully functional and easy to use.

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/EO3/SkillSim/

You can see the full topic about it here:

http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1160&sid=6c25e824151cf32ae97af1ca4a371dd3

If you have any fixes, suggestions or comments, please post them here :) Thanks!

Enjoy!
---
When you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities, remember, things could be worse - you could be them.
#2The_LourdePosted 6/6/2010 11:41:29 PM
Noticed a minor issue when I selected Shinobi as the main class; the tooltip for Plural Slash has issues displaying unless your browser window is maximized. Probably because the lines of text are so long.

The wording on Warrior's Wolf Howl looks like it needs editing; the skill description says that it's more effective on enemies with status ailments, but the data for each level suggests the opposite. Perhaps someone meant "to" instead of "by"?

Wording on Phalanx's Long Stride has similar issues, think someone got front and back rows mixed up.

Still a handy tool, good stuff.

---
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"
#3SaintTweeterPosted 6/7/2010 1:56:05 AM
Some of these descriptions seem a little awkward or poorly worded, but its great so far.
---
Its Geese as in "Geese Howard", the SNK boss! From back when SNK made decent games!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Tweeter911
#4Zaraf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2010 3:48:10 AM
I haven't played the game, and I'm simply relying on translations done by people. Issues like translations and descriptions will be fixed once the English release is out. For now, unless someone knows the exact wording and such to use, I'm not too concerned about fixing it. There are a few guys over at "Into the Labyrinth" that are helping out in this regard.
---
When you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities, remember, things could be worse - you could be them.
#5omega65Posted 6/7/2010 7:22:02 AM
Noticed that the Phalanx's Blitzritter skill doesn't show what amounts of damage are at while every other skill does.
---
90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing add this to your sig
#6omega65Posted 6/7/2010 8:59:01 AM
Noticed another problem, when you put one point in blitzritter and spear mastery has less than 5 points only 4 points are added to spear mastery and 1 point is still added to blitzritter. Also when you remove points from spear mastery so that it doesn't have enough points for blitzritter, it keeps the points already assigned to it.

This happens when Phalanx is the Main Class and when it is the Sub Class and the Main class doesn't matter.
---
90% of teens today would die if Myspace was completely destroyed. If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing add this to your sig
#7The_LourdePosted 6/7/2010 9:27:05 AM
Ok, Android's 'Shoot' faces issues similar to Shinobi's Plural Slash, but fails to display properly even with a maximixed window. The simulator needs extra lines or something to accomodate such long tooltips.

---
"It CAN'T be a bad decision, it resulted in CARROT CAKE!"
#8Zaraf(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2010 4:59:32 PM
Yeah thanks. Many of these issues have been discussed on the ITL forums. I've fixed most of them but I still need to look into the shinobi plural slash. I didn't think it was all that long. Android's shoot has been changed but not added to the help file yet.
---
#9Jati_no_ReiPosted 6/8/2010 1:56:30 AM
This program is so much fun! I can't wait till I can get my hands on this game!
---
Romancing SaGa Quests Completed / playing:
Jamil, Aisha, Albert, Claudia.............../ Barbara
#10ScienceOfMythPosted 6/8/2010 11:50:46 AM
Thanks to boith of you guys so much!!!!