Ninja/Zodiac Build

#1KoumaruPosted 9/30/2010 10:40:30 AM
I was really trying to squeeze some on-demand elemental damage out of my party without losing any of my existing utility, so it fell to the ninja/zodiac to take up the task. Please critique this genjutsu build.

My main concern, what kind of damage will the single-target constellation attacks do on this character if I stack pure TEC equipment?

To get the elemental kill condition on an enemy, I do need the elemental attack to strike the killing blow, correct?

Also, does Escape Arts need more than 1 point to be effective? Does it have a chance to fail, or do further points just lower the cost (completely unnecessary thanks to Smokescreen)?

Anyway, here's my ninja build so far. Please tear it apart. I look forward to making changes.

(All names are from the simulator and are thus translated from the Japanese version.)

Shinobi/Zodiac Build
Level: 70
Total Points: 82
Retired: Yes, at 40

Common Skills
HP Boost: 4/10
TP Boost: 10/10

Main Class: Shinobi
Smokescreen: 10/10
Dagger Mastery: 1/10
Conceal: 10/10
Shadow Weave: 10/10
Ninpou: Heat Haze: 3/5
Ninpou: Clone: 1/1
Escape Arts: 1/5

Sub Class: Zodiac
Flame Mastery: 1/10
Ice Mastery: 1/10
Thunder Mastery: 1/10
Singularity Theorem: 5/5
Return Ether: 5/5
Flame Astrology: 3/10
Ice Astrology: 3/10
Thunder Astrology: 3/10
Ether Concentration: 5/5
Dark Ether: 5/5
#2Scy046Posted 9/30/2010 10:49:55 AM
My main concern, what kind of damage will the single-target constellation attacks do on this character if I stack pure TEC equipment?

It'll be a bit lacking, yes, but you can always Clone and then just double nuke. Honestly, I'd just go the Meteor route for spell damage with the one point in each element for Conditionals.

To get the elemental kill condition on an enemy, I do need the elemental attack to strike the killing blow, correct?

Correct.

Also, does Escape Arts need more than 1 point to be effective? Does it have a chance to fail, or do further points just lower the cost (completely unnecessary thanks to Smokescreen)?

40% at Level 1, 80% at Level 5.
---
Imagine I said something witty or profound here.