Great SP campaign!

#11d2cmpPosted 7/4/2012 9:32:35 PM
The epilogue has 3 endings, spoilers ahead

Surrender to the soldiers, get killed by them or kill everyone and WELCOME TO DUBAI GENTLEMEN

also IMO the soldiers surrendering at you in front of the elevator are another delusion because the same one eyed guy is the one you see dissapear in thin air a few moments later
#12worldwar24Posted 7/6/2012 2:52:21 AM
*Closes eyes to avoid spoilers*

A very good game with solid gameplay, weirdly it's one of the very few shooters I've found where I preferred using an xbox controller over keyboard and mouse [the other was Op Flashoint: Red River]. Generally it forces you to slow down rather than running and gunning granting a more difficult and immersive experience. [a bit too easy with keyboard/mouse].
---
xxiv
#13TalvonPosted 7/20/2012 6:24:51 AM
Did anyone else notice how some enemies kind of dissolved into nothing when defeated?

*Minor spoilers*

Perhaps another indication of Walkers mental state?

Also, I died so many times in the game standing next to enemies and mistaking them for my 2 allies lol.
---
If you notice this notice you will notice this notice is not worth noticing
#14TPulla02Posted 7/21/2012 5:47:21 PM
I can't say I noticed that. But if anyone plans on playing through the game pay attention to everything after the white phosphorous attack. That's more or less the moment when Walker well and truly loses it and there are a lot of indicators that certain things happening on-screen are either imagined or skewed to some extent.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Mhz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1333 MHz | Galaxy GTX 580 @ 855/1710 (1.5 GB) | Windows 7 64-bit
#15ryan_lnaPosted 7/25/2012 12:11:49 PM
It is good but to say its great would mean it would at at least be 10hrs and that a min more hrs more fun...for me multiplayer comes second ..most games i dont even try multi..the market is slim for that on ps3 bf3 n cod ..all others just dont cut it...i am soo glad i am open minded to so many dif games or would be screwed having to depend on these 5hr 1 sit down ,beat..we are getting screwed on these sp campaign..5 hr IS NO WHERE NEAR $60...i should have rented it..is it fun yes ..graphix good..yes..story good..yes ...but WAY TOO DAMN SHORT..a developer who hasnt been locked in a dungeon for the past 10 yrs should know if there multiplayer is a jem..this is not..put more time in sp...oh n a tip with these short ones...i ALWAYS PLAY THEM ON HARDEST LEVEL AND COLLECT EVERYTHING AND TRY TO LOOK AT ALL THE COOL THINGS THAT WENT INTO THE GRAPHIX/layout on my first go through..get more for ur coin...
#16TPulla02Posted 7/27/2012 10:16:08 PM
Yeah, that's the only thing that really bothered me. Yager obviously focused on the single-player. The mutliplayer really seemed like an afterthought. I'm a single-player kinda guy anyway so I can't say I cared too much. But it's strange that a campaign-focused game is barely five hours on the normal difficulty.

But this is one of those games that - even though it's only five hours - feels complete. It doesn't feel like anything's missing or that it ends abruptly. It's a shame that it won't get more attention/sales, though. Yager made a great game.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Mhz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1333 MHz | Galaxy GTX 580 @ 855/1710 (1.5 GB) | Windows 7 64-bit
#17congo_red_jrPosted 7/29/2012 9:41:04 AM
I've been playing video games for about 35 years. Some have been memorable, most have not. This game is one of those few that will sit with me for a long time. I thought perhaps it was because I am a 17yr Army vet who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, but after reading some of your reactions in this thread I can see that's not the only reason.

This was a very emotionally jarring experience.. The white phosphorous incident sticks out in my mind and I don't know that I'll easily forget that.. I think the game play was ok, nothing stellar but the story being told was really well done in my opinion. Reminded me a lot of Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness, along with some memories that weren't fiction..

I agree with a lot of you when you make comparisons to other shooting/warfare games. I think just the narrative alone makes this one stand above the competition. I'm glad I gave it a chance that's for sure.
---
Gamertag : Grat3fulH3ad
#18TPulla02Posted 8/6/2012 8:12:29 PM
congo_red_jr posted...
I've been playing video games for about 35 years. Some have been memorable, most have not. This game is one of those few that will sit with me for a long time. I thought perhaps it was because I am a 17yr Army vet who served in Afghanistan and Iraq, but after reading some of your reactions in this thread I can see that's not the only reason.

This was a very emotionally jarring experience.. The white phosphorous incident sticks out in my mind and I don't know that I'll easily forget that.. I think the game play was ok, nothing stellar but the story being told was really well done in my opinion. Reminded me a lot of Apocalypse Now and Heart of Darkness, along with some memories that weren't fiction..

I agree with a lot of you when you make comparisons to other shooting/warfare games. I think just the narrative alone makes this one stand above the competition. I'm glad I gave it a chance that's for sure.

That's what separated this for sure. Very few games anymore have such a strong, compelling narrative. I also thought the gunplay was very solid and just felt "right." It didn't do anything particularly new or interesting. But the bread-and-butter of this game is easily the story. Amidst all of these multiplayer-focused shooters it's good to see one that caters to the single-player market for once. Some of us still prefer single-player games, believe it or not.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Mhz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1333 MHz | EVGA GTX 670 FTW (2 GB) | Windows 7 64-bit
#19X2SBPosted 8/27/2012 11:59:38 AM
ryan_lna posted...
It is good but to say its great would mean it would at at least be 10hrs and that a min more hrs more fun...for me multiplayer comes second ..most games i dont even try multi..the market is slim for that on ps3 bf3 n cod ..all others just dont cut it...i am soo glad i am open minded to so many dif games or would be screwed having to depend on these 5hr 1 sit down ,beat..we are getting screwed on these sp campaign..5 hr IS NO WHERE NEAR $60...i should have rented it..is it fun yes ..graphix good..yes..story good..yes ...but WAY TOO DAMN SHORT..a developer who hasnt been locked in a dungeon for the past 10 yrs should know if there multiplayer is a jem..this is not..put more time in sp...oh n a tip with these short ones...i ALWAYS PLAY THEM ON HARDEST LEVEL AND COLLECT EVERYTHING AND TRY TO LOOK AT ALL THE COOL THINGS THAT WENT INTO THE GRAPHIX/layout on my first go through..get more for ur coin...

Sorry but I have to disagree

One of my favorite games of all time, Journey, is 2 hours.

please don't thing good games fall in a cookie cutter 'greater than 10 hours, good multiplayer', because if everyone starts to think like that, the games industry will suffer.
---
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.
#20DaruniaTheGoronPosted 8/31/2012 1:00:10 AM
I'd rather have the fantastic 6 hour campaign this game offers, that challenges me to think , than a mediocre 15 hour campaign or some mediocre multiplayer that will eat up a few hours of my time.

Honestly when you factor in the discussion and thought you, the player, put into this game after playing it, it adds up to way more "time" spent than playing a typical dudebro shooter.

And if you really care about your "coin" so much you shoulda researched before buying and then waited for a price drop. I got this for 25 bucks.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/VinnyMendoza
"This is all we have... when we die.."
More topics from this board...
Dead From CIA Anyway?sHARN34517/11 3:52PM