helicopters at very start of game

#1LIQUIDSWORDS280Posted 7/16/2012 4:56:02 PM
hi did anyone actually manage to destroy any helicopters at the very beginning of the game?
#2Tye HackersPosted 7/19/2012 2:27:25 PM
ya, I got all of them actually. idk if it matters, but I tried to aim at the base of the propeller rotor where it meets the fuselage. In some backwards gamer way I imagined that's where you'd want to shoot a helicopter if you where trying to take it down.

I found it kind of ruined the game that the first thing you are doing is shooting at an army of helicopters with American flags on them. Really took away the scope of the "reveal" later.
#3LIQUIDSWORDS280(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2012 5:12:39 PM
i like how if you start a new game selecting a chapter from the start you skip the helicopter scene but have it later on but this time with added missiles coming at you. at first i thought game had mistake not doing helicopter scene first when replaying the first chapter again.
#4TPulla02Posted 8/6/2012 7:15:02 PM
The missiles added to the helicopter chase happen regardless. I had to shoot them down on my first playthrough as well. What's really interesting is when you get to the helicopter chase in the main game Walker makes a comment about having already done it. I couldn't tell if that was just a self-aware wink-and-nod from the developers or if it had some deeper meaning.
---
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Mhz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1333 MHz | EVGA GTX 670 FTW (2 GB) | Windows 7 64-bit
#5X2SBPosted 8/27/2012 11:02:39 AM
TPulla02 posted...
The missiles added to the helicopter chase happen regardless. I had to shoot them down on my first playthrough as well. What's really interesting is when you get to the helicopter chase in the main game Walker makes a comment about having already done it. I couldn't tell if that was just a self-aware wink-and-nod from the developers or if it had some deeper meaning.

It defiantly had a deeper meaning
---
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.