Most Underrated Game of the Year

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Spec Ops: The Line
  3. Most Underrated Game of the Year

User Info: fincavigia

fincavigia
4 years ago#1
Obviously my opinion carries zero weight, but I have to say I probably was more impressed by this game than by any other game I've played this year. The plot/atmosphere was basically unparalleled and I thought the gameplay was solid. Just posting this in case others search the forum for recs on this game.
i7-920 processor (8MB L3 Cache 2.66GHz) - GTX 570 - 8GB RAM

User Info: S3rialThrill3r

S3rialThrill3r
4 years ago#2
Wow. This game is the Silent Hill 2 of third person shooters. Make of that what you will.
Check my user info for Steam ID, etc

User Info: SomeMacGuy

SomeMacGuy
4 years ago#3
the scenery and plot are good, but i wouldn't call the gameplay solid

didn't like the ending very much
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO

User Info: TPulla02

TPulla02
4 years ago#4
SomeMacGuy posted...
the scenery and plot are good, but i wouldn't call the gameplay solid

didn't like the ending very much

Which one? You know there, what, four different endings?
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 8GB @ 1333 MHz | EVGA GTX 670 FTW (2 GB) @1280/3206 | Windows 7 64-bit

User Info: steker16

steker16
4 years ago#5
I picked this game up on the steam flash sale yesterday, just beat it a few min ago(suicide mission difficulty, less than 6 hours played) and went back to see the endings, well except for the epilogue variances because i didnt know about them until afterwards. game is bads ass, story and VA is top notch, gameplay gets a little repetitive but the gunplay is solid enough to keep you in there
nomnomnom

User Info: InfernalDragon5

InfernalDragon5
4 years ago#6
Gameplay is too weak, and story takes too long to get going. I gave up on this game about an hour in, but then again I didn't buy it.

User Info: mikewu1

mikewu1
4 years ago#7
The plot is what carried me through the whole game. Graphics are nice too but gameplay is a bit boring after a while. Solid game overall.
  1. Boards
  2. Spec Ops: The Line
  3. Most Underrated Game of the Year

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived