What's so great about this game? So far, it's nothing special.

#1BeautyAndABeatPosted 12/31/2012 5:30:21 PM
I believe I'm in Chapter 4 and this game does not amaze me like what other people have been saying. What's so amazing about this game?

It's almost identical to Killswitch on the PS2. Maybe I'm not that far into the game yet but so far, it's nothing special gameplaywise AND story-wise.
#2JkoolPosted 12/31/2012 6:28:02 PM
Im lovin it!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#3Creeping_DarkPosted 12/31/2012 7:03:36 PM
Keep going; almost everything before the game's halfway point is essentially a straight-forward imitation of the military shooter genre. The game is intentionally generic as it is attempting to say something about this type of game. It's at about the halfway point that things get turned on their head. The game never stops being generic in its mechanics, but I think it's effective in that it lowers your defenses with "been-there-done-that" gameplay and then as it continues with this gameplay it starts framing it in a different light, making you feel uncomfortable and in question of how we really interact with the games we play.
---
ely <3
#4JkoolPosted 12/31/2012 9:35:19 PM
Oh yea...it becomes a wild ride with a wild end!
---
FORUMS: A place a person can ask a serious question & receive rude replies that have nothing to do with the question!
#5ethan1007Posted 1/1/2013 8:18:08 PM
I felt the same through out chapter 4, although the destructive scene of Dubai did amaze me, but from half way till the end, i was mentally jaw dropping with whats it plot to be.... truly amazing experience although i wouldnt say it didnt bother me mentally! Darn i hate yet love this kinda game
#6PirateMoePosted 1/2/2013 3:30:48 AM
BeautyAndABeat posted...
What's so amazing about this game?

The narrative, story, atmosphere, and hellish, realistic (when compared to, say, Call of Duty) depiction of the horrors of war. Once it hits chapter 7 or so, it's pretty fricking crazy.

If you're looking for a game to thrill you with its own mechanics, look elsewhere though.
#7KURRUPTORPosted 1/20/2013 9:29:15 PM
Just play through the game, it's only 5-6 hours long, and you'll understand why it's a recommended game...even if you still hate it.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#8lazyslakerPosted 1/26/2013 4:01:26 AM
I finally decided I was going to go ahead and play this game since I haven't touched it since summer and I think I got to the third chapter or so. I have been playing chapter after chapter thinking to myself, "man I hope killing U.S. soldiers isn't what got people all up in a roar. Then it happened. I was like :O, then I was like :(, then I was like (&#12494; &#30410;)&#12494; . No game has done this to me since The Walking Dead. And yes, the game itself almost seems to be average at best on purpose. Just when I started to enjoy putting bullets into peoples heads and seeing blood spray. Now I feel I must finish my mission because I have to see it through to the end no matter the cost. I've already done something I would never do so I have reached the point of no return. I'm so sorry...........
#9lazyslakerPosted 1/26/2013 4:02:23 AM
bah emotes didn't work, it was the OMG, the sadface and the angry flipping table emotes.
#10AxCUNNINGxSTUNTPosted 2/6/2013 6:51:06 AM
It's because people feel like it's different from other shooters, which it is not. Story may be gritty for some, but has bored me already, and I enjoyed HoD and Apoc Now.

Gameplay is very, very mediocre, we have punishing deaths due to long load times and bland gun battles. Terrible A.I on friendlies and nothing special in enemy A.I.

It's an ok back drop, but gets samey very quickly. I'm glad I've rented. Bored by the sixrh level and after a few days played some more and am at level 10, but don't think I can waste any more time with this.

I would say the MP is quite good, sad I missed out on the first few months, and the shootings is ok, but for the life of me I don't get where this is more realistic than other shooters, I think that's just the pretences of us out there, who feel we are playing something different. Gameplay wise(and this is a game) it's as unrealistic as most and comedic in some parts. Script wisea, who cares. I play games for fun and challenge l, not some story that goes on and on about the same thing until it has bored me stupid.

If I want feeling, I'd read a book.

Mediocre game is mediocre.