Question about Lugo and Adams... *spoilers*

#1soothsayer77Posted 1/3/2013 8:51:33 AM
So there's one part where I believe you're coming off a zip-line and you land on an enemy. Walker starts freaking out while he's on top of the enemy, and for a few moments, the enemy is Adams saying "don't do this Walker!" You then kill the enemy.

Later, Walker sees Lugo as a heavy, telling Walker that he left him for dead. You then eventually kill that Heavy.

My question is, did Walker actually kill Adams and Lugo at these points, and the flashes of "insanity" were actually flashes of reality? Or was this just foreshadowing for Walker's condition and where it would lead him?

I think with the Adams one especially, it makes sense to think that Walker could've killed him in that moment. But I'd have to see it again.
#2guardian_owlPosted 1/3/2013 9:15:40 AM
Could be, or it could be further arguments for the "dying dream"/purgatory theory; that everything after the helicopter crash at the beginning of the game is his fractured mind flashing through the events of the past 36 hours or so leading up to the crash. Events in the timeline blend together and sometimes manifest before they should if you were playing through it in real time.
---
I guess the best way to describe Rez is if a DJ game and Star Fox had a baby, and that baby was on acid...
#3PirateMoePosted 1/4/2013 12:46:07 AM
This is exactly what the creators wanted you (us) to ask.

PTSD is serious, and when you have it, you can't really tell what's reality and what's a dream sometimes. It's like you're constantly living both in the real world and the imagined because of the damage to your brain. It's seriously effed up.

These instances in the game represent real life symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
#4d1sPosted 1/19/2013 12:14:32 PM
soothsayer77 posted...
So there's one part where I believe you're coming off a zip-line and you land on an enemy. Walker starts freaking out while he's on top of the enemy, and for a few moments, the enemy is Adams saying "don't do this Walker!" You then kill the enemy.

Later, Walker sees Lugo as a heavy, telling Walker that he left him for dead. You then eventually kill that Heavy.

My question is, did Walker actually kill Adams and Lugo at these points, and the flashes of "insanity" were actually flashes of reality? Or was this just foreshadowing for Walker's condition and where it would lead him?

I think with the Adams one especially, it makes sense to think that Walker could've killed him in that moment. But I'd have to see it again.

In the instance of Walker coming off the zipline and seeing himself killing Adams, once the hallucination is over, Adams and Lugo are with Walker. Adams is the one flying the helicopter as they attempt to escape the radio tower. We later see Adams' absolutely despising Walker, holding him completely responsible for Lugo's death. I don't think Walker killed Adams or Lugo. I think the Adams hallucination was Walker's mind saying "you should have left Dubai and reported back to command the way your men kept asking you to do. You dragged them into this."

The hallucination of Lugo took place after Lugo was killed by the mob. I think it again was Walker's mind saying "if you had simply left Dubai, Lugo wouldn't have been killed."

I don't buy into the "Walker died in the helicopter crash, and the rest of the game after that was purgatory/hell." That seems like too much of a cop out to me. I'm not a fan of the "it was all a dream/he was dead the entire time" endings.
---
http://tinyurl.com/83hpvh7
Currently playing: No one gives a ****.
#5MysticNesslyPosted 1/20/2013 12:14:48 AM
It doesnt make sense to me why those hallucinations would be real. As the previous poster stated, I think walker was having serious doubts about his decisions, and the hallucinations were just manifestations of the thoughts he had in his head.
#6soothsayer77(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:26:07 AM
Yeh I definitely think it makes sense to thing that it was just Walker's guilty mind calling him, and most likely what's actually happening wether it was a "dead dream" or not.

But I think if it was a dead dream, it could've happened. Maybe not even at the actual point of the flash, but the flash is just his jumbled dead dream pulling him out for a second and briefly reminding him, "this went so far that you actually killed your partners with your own hands, don't forget that."