Two questions (ENDING SPOILERS)

#1Pure_LionHeartPosted 1/25/2013 5:01:55 AM
1. First off, Radioman. What is his deal? Do we just assume he too was crazy after all he witnessed, since we know he was originally with the best intentions same as Walker via the intel? He must have been real, right?

2. The names on the board listing the fallen 33rd Battalion list Lugo and Adams. What is up with that? Or is it just chalked up to another hallucination?
---
Pure LionHeart - Sugar And Spice And Everything Nice
http://myanimelist.net/profile/PureLionHeart
#2guardian_owlPosted 1/26/2013 2:44:10 PM(edited)
I think of him as kind of a twisted version of Robin Williams from the movie Good Morning Vietnam. He was an embedded journalist who wanted to do a proper story on the coverup of the Dubai sandstorm by the politicians, got stuck there with the rest of the 33rd, and is just doing his best to cope with it by contributing through his knowledge of radio/electronics and by entertaining the troops as a DJ. Then the CIA stirs up the locals, they break the ceasefire, and becomes even more unhinged.
---
I guess the best way to describe Rez is if a DJ game and Star Fox had a baby, and that baby was on acid...
#3Pure_LionHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 6:19:50 PM
That's what I came to accept, though there is one thing really gnawing at me:

At one point, he mocks you for beating a man with your gun, which is in reference to the very recent scene of you hallucinating Adams and then savaging the soldier. The thing is, how does he know about it? It just happened, not a few moments ago, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have cameras everywhere. I need to replay to confirm, but I also think that only Walker is the one who acknowledges the jab.

So this is really screwing with my head.
---
Pure LionHeart - Straight Outta Compton
#4Ice_Cold1313Posted 1/26/2013 8:28:13 PM
hmmm... Hard to know why he would know about Walker's savage beating of that dude.... I actually never thought about that. Maybe he does have cameras everywhere? lol. I'll totally be keeping an eye out for this. But I think at several times he seems to know what Walker is doing... but unfortunately I can't really quote any specifics right now so take that with a grain of salt.

Well as for his erratic behavior, I'm pretty sure he's been baked like a mofo the whole time, and he's still smoking up a joint when you finally meet him.

What still throws me for a loop (ZOMG SPOILERS!!) is where Lugo gets all friendly with him, complimenting him on his work with the city-wide PA system, then just up and shoots him. I'm thinking this "could" be another hallucination... but I'm not sure where the vision would start/end. Do you have an opinion on this, because I am confused as all hell when it comes to that scene hahaha.
#5Pure_LionHeart(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2013 12:52:20 PM
From what I've read up, it appears the Lugo scene fades to white, which is what all the hallucinations are supposed to do according to one of the writers.

So wrap your head around that. Just makes me question his whole existence further.
---
Pure LionHeart - Straight Outta Compton
#6d1sPosted 1/28/2013 4:41:52 PM
Ice_Cold1313 posted...
ehat still throws me for a loop (ZOMG SPOILERS!!) is where Lugo gets all friendly with him, complimenting him on his work with the city-wide PA system, then just up and shoots him. I'm thinking this "could" be another hallucination... but I'm not sure where the vision would start/end. Do you have an opinion on this, because I am confused as all hell when it comes to that scene hahaha.

I don't think it was an hallucination. To me lugo was the voice of reason for most of the game. I didn't agree with him saying that you needed to save Gould over saving the hostages, but when it came to using the white phosphorous, Lugo was adamantly against it while Adams was for it. When we saw the end results Lugo said "I told you we shouldn't have," and Adams still defended it saying "we had no choice."

Lugo kept saying "we need to call command," wanting to leave, and was the last voice of reason in my opinion. I interpret him being all cool and composed with radioman and then snapping as the game saying "lugo was the last sane one, and now his sanity is gone too." He was admiring the radioman's technical expertise, all the while thinking these are the very same expertise that he's been using to keep the 33rd within a hair of killing us. Lugo snapped.

Adams agreed to the action taken at the gate. Lugo's actions were a sign of Delta squad going beyond the point of no return.
---
http://tinyurl.com/83hpvh7
Currently playing: No one gives a ****.