Martin Sheen, and other people, both real and fictional *Spoilers, maybe*

#1Thyrfing86Posted 4/6/2013 9:15:00 PM
Just a thought, but has anyone noticed the link between the actor who plays Captain Willard in Apocalypse now, and the main character in Spec Ops?

Martin Sheen played Captain Willard in Apocalypse now, and Captain Martin Walker is the main character in Spec Ops : The Line. Also, Joseph Conrad wrote Heart of Darkness, and Colonel Konrad...well, you can see the link there too.

The Radioman seems to me a hybrid of Hunter S. Thompson and the photographer played by Dennis Hopper in Apocalypse now.

There is just so much nuance in this game...I'm about to start my second play through, in order to absorb more of the finer details of the plot and characters in this game. I'm also considering reading Killing Is Harmless, which looks great.
---
CP: Hitman Absolution, XCOM, SOCOM Confrontation, Spec Ops: The Line, Borderlands 2, Blood, Gauntlet Legends, Stonekeep, 007 Legends, Ultima VII,Die Hard Arcade
#2d1sPosted 4/7/2013 10:40:20 AM
I think the dev team was pretty upfront about the Heart of Darkness and Apocalpyse Now inspirations. It's one of those things in which you don't have to be familiar with those sources in order to appreciate Spec Ops. But if you are, it adds another level of enjoyment.
---
http://tinyurl.com/83hpvh7
Currently playing: No one gives a ****.
#3StonedwolfedPosted 4/24/2013 6:30:22 AM
Aye, the "inspiration" was so blatant I assumed they'd licenced it.
---
KOTOR 3 not existing is the reason Mass Effect is the greatest space opera rpg trilogy.