FUBAR mode...

#1SparkItUpPosted 4/14/2013 12:16:09 PM
Did anyone find that the levels you may have had issues with on suicide where easier on FUBAR and on levels that you found easy on Suicide Mode, seemed much more difficult on FUBAR...

Was really a weird experience for me. I must say though, FUBAR wasn't really all that hard in its entirety. There was one or two that I had to do a few times, but nothing outrageous. For whatever reason, it kept making me do the one level over & over because it wouldn't register that I had finished it on FUBAR (the one with the radioman).
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#2Creeping_DarkPosted 4/15/2013 12:13:17 AM
You must be far more skilled than I - every checkpoint was a struggle for me and those I had difficulty with previously was simply intensified.
---
"You think I don't know you - what you're about? Wake up - I used to be you."
- The Jackal, Far Cry 2
#3SparkItUp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2013 9:23:50 AM
I'd agree, but it seemed missions i had no problem with on my Suicide run, were insanely much harder....whereas the missions I had issues with on my Suicide run..seemed much more easy...

A good example is <SPOILERS>

when you & Adams are briefly seperated from Lugo....(I think it's mission 13)..I had a helluva time with this one on suicide...yet on FUBAR I breezed through the whole thing. Same thing with mission 14...I had an insanely hard time on Suicide...but again , I breezed through it on FUBAR.

Maybe it's because I adjusted how I did it the first time and attacked it with some tactics..Like on 13 when you face the heavy that comes out of the APC, I just threw grenades & used the SCAR grenade launcher until he went down...I also let Adams draw his fire while I shot at him with the grenade launcher (from the SCAR)...and knowing they would come up the boat ramp (when the sand storm hits), I pretty much just waited in cover until they came up the steps and blasted away..

I found 14 to be insanely easy on FUBAR...I just got behind the Humvee on the left...hit the bunker on the right with an RPG...ran to the humvee in the center and leaned from cover to hit the bunker on the left...after that it's pretty much just cleanup the stragglers and make a rush run to the bunker on the right to the checkpoint and it was done. Still sucks on 14 that you can't utilize Adams as you could in the previous missions (especially in the first section of it in particular).

But weird thing is, on missions like the one where you are in the mall, I breezed through it on Suicide, but had an incredible amount of problems with it on FUBAR.
---
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#4LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 4/16/2013 1:41:37 AM
13 and 14 were relatively easy for me on FUBAR, although I think that's more a function of 13 and 14 being pretty easy in general... once you've died a thousand times and know the enemy layout by heart. There are no real time-sensitive situations (except healing Adams) that aren't easily handled.

Hell, even the battle at the start of 6 wasn't too hard. Required some luck, but it's mostly keeping enemies away from behind your own cover. Really, all those fights that were really hard the first time through aren't too bad on FUBAR because we know everything. It's fights that we could handle before but now we die far too easily in that are the real problems, like the first fight of chapter 3, and 4, too.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#5SparkItUp(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 2:40:10 PM
LancetJades posted...
13 and 14 were relatively easy for me on FUBAR, although I think that's more a function of 13 and 14 being pretty easy in general... once you've died a thousand times and know the enemy layout by heart. There are no real time-sensitive situations (except healing Adams) that aren't easily handled.

Hell, even the battle at the start of 6 wasn't too hard. Required some luck, but it's mostly keeping enemies away from behind your own cover. Really, all those fights that were really hard the first time through aren't too bad on FUBAR because we know everything. It's fights that we could handle before but now we die far too easily in that are the real problems, like the first fight of chapter 3, and 4, too.

Exactly what I mean, I agree 100% on all points covered there.
---
#6mrsims31Posted 4/29/2013 5:39:47 PM
Well, I guess I'll try a FUBAR run but I just finished Suicide and found it insanely cheap.

Not sure what to expect with FUBAR... if its anything like I imagine then I'll be turning it off after a few chapters.
---
...doomy doomy doomy...
#7LancetJadesPosted 4/29/2013 6:34:25 PM
mrsims31 posted...
Well, I guess I'll try a FUBAR run but I just finished Suicide and found it insanely cheap.

Not sure what to expect with FUBAR... if its anything like I imagine then I'll be turning it off after a few chapters.

You know those times on Suicide where you'd pop out of cover long enough to fire just ONE bullet, and you got killed before you returned to cover? On FUBAR, that's almost every firefight in the entire game.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#8mrsims31Posted 4/30/2013 4:47:31 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun!

On a serious note though, I like this game so much I'm going to attempt it. So far I'm two chapters in and its been smooth sailing. There are several parts in mind that I'm not looking forward to though...
---
...doomy doomy doomy...
#9mrsims31Posted 4/30/2013 5:18:45 PM
SparkItUp posted...
I'd agree, but it seemed missions i had no problem with on my Suicide run, were insanely much harder....whereas the missions I had issues with on my Suicide run..seemed much more easy....

I'm in the same boat TC. The game was a breeze for me on Suicide up until I got to...

SPOILERS

... Chapter 6 and you fall and get separated from your team. I don't know how many times I had to reload that checkpoint.

Now on FUBAR, ran into a small wall at the beginning of Chapter 3 when you fall into the hotel and have a firefight right before they dump C4 on you. That was a breeze on Suicide, but on FUBAR it gave me fits. Got all the way to Chapter 6 and beat that checkpoint on my second try... go figure.
---
...doomy doomy doomy...
#10mrsims31Posted 5/1/2013 11:03:43 AM
UPDATE (not that anyone really spends much time on this board anymore):

I've now reached chapter 12 on my FUBAR run and I have to say that its going much, much easier than my Suicide run. It doesn't really make much sense to me.

SPOILER

I believe its chapter 10 when you're running around with Riggs trying to get to the tankers and you have to make your way through a parking garage (?) with a turret at the end. This checkpoint had its way with me on Suicide. On FUBAR I beat it in a couple tries.

Like someone else already stated, I understand that experience from your previous playthrough will play into effect, but FUBAR doesn't feel any harder than Suicide to me and, for the most part, actually a little easier.
---
...doomy doomy doomy...