Use the Force Luke Achievement

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
  3. Use the Force Luke Achievement

User Info: nothingface44

nothingface44
6 years ago#1
Hey guys, I just did the first level without using my lightsaber and I did not get this achievement. However, I had to use it during the QTE's against the shielded droid. Does this count? If so, can you beat these droid types without doing the QTE? Thanks!

User Info: CocaColaCat

CocaColaCat
6 years ago#2
I've heard it doesn't count, but you can kill them with lightning (to be on the safe side). I've tried 5 times now for this achievement, and I'm just not getting it.
The Cat
"I got cat class and I got cat style"

User Info: Slngshot80

Slngshot80
6 years ago#3
Don't

- Use X at all (obviously)
- No saber throw
- No QTE
- Don't dash then B (You can dash, just don't use B)

I'm not entirely sure of the last one, but when I stopped doing it, it unlocked. Select the first level on easy, and when it says to 'Press X' to attack, don't. Eventually that will go away.
www.myspace.com/commongroundofficial2009

User Info: MaverickHL

MaverickHL
6 years ago#4
I have noticed that when I spam force repulse it also does not trigger for some odd reason. Also I am not sure if enabling force fury counts against it. I tried it with force fury to take out the large machines and it seems to be that way.

User Info: nothingface44

nothingface44
6 years ago#5
Thanks guys. I'll try again. When you say not to use B. Do you just mean not use it after dashing?

User Info: Slngshot80

Slngshot80
6 years ago#6
at what maverick said, you can use force repulse and force fury as I distinctly remember using both of them on the first level.

And when I say not to dash then B, dash then B gives you an extra semi-dash to get you farther. Most people probably don't use it, but still doesn't hurt to mention.
www.myspace.com/commongroundofficial2009

User Info: mightyquinn

mightyquinn
6 years ago#7
Instead of the QTE, take out the Droid with a fully charged repulse. I got the achievement on the second Salvation mission.

User Info: KnightfireC60

KnightfireC60
6 years ago#8
I just ran through the first level after reading this topic trying to get this achievement. I never pressed the X button, never entered a QTE event, and never used Fury. However when the ship starts blasting you and you have to dash down the hall I accidentally used the Dash + B move. I ended up not getting the achievement. So I can confirm that using the Dash + B move cancels this achievement for some reason.
Legit MW2 10th Prestige - 4/8/10
7MR - All. Day. Long.

User Info: CommX

CommX
6 years ago#9
K guys I spent a few playthroughs on the first stage trying to get this one and I believe I have figured out the problem.

Blocking/Parrying seems to count.

That means that if you try to use Force Repulse and and accidentally get a block or parry in while holding the trigger button, you will negate this achievement.

I was using repulse a lot on my unsuccessful attempts and noticed that I would accidentally parry/reflect/block which "use the lightsaber" so i figured I'd try to do this minimizing my trigger pressing to when I needed to kill the cryodroids and for the mindtrick tutorial and I got it in one try.

Hope this helps.
X

User Info: taang87

taang87
6 years ago#10
select level: The Tarko-Se Arena, defeat the Gorog and the Stormtroopers using Force powers for the achievement :P
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
  3. Use the Force Luke Achievement

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived