Use the Force Luke Achievement

#1nothingface44Posted 10/30/2010 6:43:40 AM
Hey guys, I just did the first level without using my lightsaber and I did not get this achievement. However, I had to use it during the QTE's against the shielded droid. Does this count? If so, can you beat these droid types without doing the QTE? Thanks!
#2CokaCola CatPosted 10/30/2010 8:42:47 AM
I've heard it doesn't count, but you can kill them with lightning (to be on the safe side). I've tried 5 times now for this achievement, and I'm just not getting it.

---
The Cat
"I got cat class and I got cat style"
#3Slngshot80Posted 10/30/2010 8:48:07 AM
Don't

- Use X at all (obviously)
- No saber throw
- No QTE
- Don't dash then B (You can dash, just don't use B)

I'm not entirely sure of the last one, but when I stopped doing it, it unlocked. Select the first level on easy, and when it says to 'Press X' to attack, don't. Eventually that will go away.
---
www.myspace.com/commongroundofficial2009
#4MaverickHLPosted 10/30/2010 9:11:49 AM
I have noticed that when I spam force repulse it also does not trigger for some odd reason. Also I am not sure if enabling force fury counts against it. I tried it with force fury to take out the large machines and it seems to be that way.
#5nothingface44(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2010 9:55:31 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try again. When you say not to use B. Do you just mean not use it after dashing?
#6Slngshot80Posted 10/30/2010 10:01:48 AM
at what maverick said, you can use force repulse and force fury as I distinctly remember using both of them on the first level.

And when I say not to dash then B, dash then B gives you an extra semi-dash to get you farther. Most people probably don't use it, but still doesn't hurt to mention.
---
www.myspace.com/commongroundofficial2009
#7mightyquinnPosted 10/30/2010 3:24:47 PM
Instead of the QTE, take out the Droid with a fully charged repulse. I got the achievement on the second Salvation mission.
#8KnightfireC60Posted 10/30/2010 3:46:04 PM
I just ran through the first level after reading this topic trying to get this achievement. I never pressed the X button, never entered a QTE event, and never used Fury. However when the ship starts blasting you and you have to dash down the hall I accidentally used the Dash + B move. I ended up not getting the achievement. So I can confirm that using the Dash + B move cancels this achievement for some reason.
---
Legit MW2 10th Prestige - 4/8/10
7MR - All. Day. Long.
#9CommXPosted 11/1/2010 1:27:48 AM
K guys I spent a few playthroughs on the first stage trying to get this one and I believe I have figured out the problem.

Blocking/Parrying seems to count.

That means that if you try to use Force Repulse and and accidentally get a block or parry in while holding the trigger button, you will negate this achievement.

I was using repulse a lot on my unsuccessful attempts and noticed that I would accidentally parry/reflect/block which "use the lightsaber" so i figured I'd try to do this minimizing my trigger pressing to when I needed to kill the cryodroids and for the mindtrick tutorial and I got it in one try.

Hope this helps.

---
X
#10taang87Posted 11/1/2010 8:08:46 AM
select level: The Tarko-Se Arena, defeat the Gorog and the Stormtroopers using Force powers for the achievement :P