Wtf? Release date announced in AA1? Perhaps?

#1TanzudoPosted 1/23/2010 7:20:12 PM
Well maybe I am the only who actually paid attention to this maybe important part of AA1.

ICEBERG LOUNGE
Gotham CIty
Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot (There is a huge pic of penguin besides this text)
opening night
Fri Sat
July 13th July 14th

Ok so this is basicly whats on the poster in the little office (which you can crawl in) at the Intensive treatment building in AA1. (go see it yourself if you want)

This poster might hold a secret message for all of us that we didnt get perhaps.
Think about it. You can see the IcebergLounge in the new Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 trailer.
So this might have been a reference to the sequel all along.

Not only that.... It kinda confirms that Penguin will be in this game.

And...

If you actually see the words on this poster in another way then it might give us the release dates for U.S.A and EU?

"Opening night"... Well the way i see it they could have also meant the "Release day" with that phrase.

And they give us Friday the 13th of July and the 14th of July. So that means the 2 release dates of USA and EU?

Perhaps..... but this is all theory and ofcourse this doesn't really proof or confirm anything. But I believe I might be right on this one. Maybe it was indeed an secret hint to the sequel.

What you guys think of it????
#2True RunePosted 1/23/2010 10:38:16 PM
considering July 13th is a Tuesday..............that could entirely be possible.

---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#3TheDevilsContractPosted 1/24/2010 12:51:07 AM
1 year is a pretty fast turn over time for a sequel that's supposed to be a lot bigger...

I'm going to say it's more likely one of the following:
1. A date relevant to the game's story
2. A date relevant to a character in the game (calendar man?)
3. A big reveal for the game?
4. A demo date?
5. Has nothing to do with anything
---
GT: XAL | Steam: XAL53
#4bulljivePosted 1/24/2010 2:51:32 AM
I have two guesses from that. Either, it's just a coincidence that the 13th is a Tuesday, and it's just a random date, or since it's the OPENING of the Iceberg Lounge, a promotional video.

All of the pre-confirmed villains come, penguin toasts his lounge, then camera drowns off to his..uh, special laugh. We'd get to see the character models for the villains, hopefully a few of their voice-works, would make a pretty awesome trailer if you ask me.
---
I never finish what I star
#5reaper050Posted 1/27/2010 2:49:11 PM
didnt aa1 come out on a friday?? i think it did i cant remember.
---
Xbox Live: Reaper050 PSN: DeadPool050
#6True RunePosted 1/28/2010 11:00:45 PM
I thought all games came out on Tuesdays?

you know....like all DVDS come out on Tuesdays
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#7TJORLYPosted 1/29/2010 10:59:42 AM

America usually releases on a Tuesday, most other places release on a Friday.

#8Exiled_OverseerPosted 2/11/2010 9:16:00 PM
It's usually a Tuesday but highly anticipated titles can go for Friday such as Resident Evil 5.
---
Timesplitters 4 needs our help! Sign the petition and DEMAND TS4! http://www.petitiononline.com/TS4tcbd1/petition.html
#9J_Can_ManPosted 2/26/2010 2:00:07 AM
Typically most games are actually released to the public on Thursdays due to shipping and the like. While some come out on Wednesday, and others have been known to come out on Friday and Sunday, its really a mixed bag and no set day for it.
---
Time to kick some @$$ now baby!!!! TvC FC:4726-9372-3750
Diamond FC: 3050 4970 7142 Platinum FC:3566 7684 6099 No Voice Chat please.