Ideas about the new Joker Appearance (Spoilers)

#1G-ScythePosted 1/31/2010 2:36:46 PM

I know that the easiest thing to believe is that the joker looks the way he does because of the titan. But I watched the ending again, and Joker looks a thousand times worse in the new trailer than he did at the end of the game. I'm really starting to think that he is old in this new game, because he has a lot of new grandpa-like features. Or do you think that they maybe went in more detail for the sequel since he would have a lot more face time than for 3 seconds at the end of the game.

#2SkilletTheWhatPosted 1/31/2010 2:44:14 PM
Old? And yet Harley doesn't seem to have aged a single day?

No, not buying it.

Yeah, Joker looks worse in the trailer, that's because negative side effects are often degenerative. This means, they get progressively worse. I mean, look at anyone who is seriously ill. It gets worse and worse, think of Titan like a disease.

If he over-exposed himself, or the toxin was simply unstable to begin within, it's not a stretch to believe it could hold some series detrimental long-term effects.

The IV behind him really supports this.
#3Mon_Dieu_MelPosted 1/31/2010 2:51:14 PM
From a practical standpoint, creating a new Joker skin/model for his two-second "gurney shot" at the end of the first game makes absolutely zero sense, as well. Even if they had started on production and design for the sequel at that point in development.

I'm going with the Occam's Razor approach, too. Setting up a trailer that uses everything from the first game as a means to set atmosphere and then opting to toss in a 94-year-old Joker is just... a stretch.

---
Shut up, fatty. -Mon Dieu Mel
#4G-Scythe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2010 2:53:12 PM

one thing that they brought up in the rewind trailer is that they don't show her face so her face could be older and her body is still fine because she is younger than the joker and she works out, or it could another harley all together

#5XxXCrimsonXxXPosted 2/20/2010 8:10:23 PM
G-Scythe posted...

one thing that they brought up in the rewind trailer is that they don't show her face so her face could be older and her body is still fine because she is younger than the joker and she works out, or it could another harley all together

You guys are going no-where. I think SkilletTheWhat is spot on. And, if Joker is older, Batman is too. The only other person I would like to play as is Nightwing.
#6Dark_SmidgePosted 2/23/2010 3:29:29 PM
I'm not a doctor, but I would think getting punched by an explosive gel-covered fist is going to leave a few scars.
---
***Official Invader Zim Fanboy***
572342 -Official Invader Zim Board
#7Starscream13Posted 2/26/2010 1:05:01 PM
yeah, the Joker went through two extreme body changes in a short period of time and took a beating from Batman (w/explosive gel no less). Also keep in mind he's going through withdraw from Titan, a super venom (both Bats and Bane went through kicking normal Venom after using it).
So, yeah my guess is the Joker is getting worse and not better from his last encounter w/ Batman (they may play up that w/ the joker thinking he's dying...or maybe go for the big shocker and having him die at the end)
---
"I just want my kids back!"
#8Starscream13Posted 2/26/2010 1:08:15 PM
also you can tell it takes place not to long after the first game because:
A. Arkham is still freshly wrecked from the first game.
B.Harley looks the same age (and still in her new Arkham outfit) while only Joker is physically different.
---
"I just want my kids back!"
#9amari24Posted 2/26/2010 4:27:37 PM

Batman Arkham Asylum was Mark Hamil's last act as Joker he already said that. So for that reason itself the joker in this game weon't be as good regardless. So I don't care how he looks its just the fact knowing Hamil won't be voicing him

#10Mon_Dieu_MelPosted 2/27/2010 12:23:00 PM
^BS.

---
Shut up, fatty. -Mon Dieu Mel