When done with Batman, Rocksteady may do a Superman game, would love it!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. When done with Batman, Rocksteady may do a Superman game, would love it!
5 years ago#1
A Superman game with the same production values as Batman AA and AC, Id love to see em try it:)

http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/article/16631/superman-captain-marvel-or-green-lantern-game-would-be-fun-rocksteady.html

Superman, Captain Marvel or Green Lantern game would be 'fun' - Rocksteady
Last Updated: 7th Oct 2011
Rocksteady Studios has welcomed the creation of a Super, Captain Marvel or Green Lantern game, as they believe it would be 'fun' if either ever saw a release.

The company's Paul Dini told Yahoo Games:

"Well Batman is pretty much real world-centric. So if I was going to do another comic book based game I would probably want a hero that had, you know - I would probably want to amp it up a bit as far as the power level goes and do more of a superhero with more superpowers."Batman is pretty much a self-trained guy, I think it would be fun to do a character like Superman or Captain Marvel or maybe Green Lantern, somebody who's got a completely different resource for fighting crime and fighting villains."

He continued:

"Maybe a magical character. The DC universe is filled with them. I love Batman and I always will but if I was going to do another one I would probably pick one in a completely different setting with a completely different power scheme. He's pretty much the number one in the DC pantheon, and I think not enough has been done with him to make him a character, as he's got amazing powers, he can fly super fast and everything, but also there's a level to his character that I don't think has been explored yet in video games to kind of get underneath who he is and into his heart a little bit. I think there's a lot of reinvention being done on Superman at the moment, both in the comics and in the movies and I think it would be fun to revisit that character and kind of see what makes him tick."

Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham City releases on October 18th in the States and 21st for the UK, as well as the rest of Europe.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
5 years ago#2
Love to see a Dr Fate or Firestorm game too, probably never happen though:(
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
5 years ago#3
Does Xbox World know that Paul Dini is a DC writer?
He doesn't....he's not a Rocksteady employee...
Still....Superman Vs Darkseid done right....
GT:Boss Darkseid PSN:synful_deus
5 years ago#4
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
Still....Superman Vs Darkseid done right....

Darkseid, Doomsday, or Zod all would be awesome, even Parasite would be way cool.
5 years ago#5
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...

Rocksteady and DC are both owned by Time Warner. Technically, they're the same company.
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/
5 years ago#6
Tempest of Shadows posted...
Rocksteady and DC are both owned by Time Warner. Technically, they're the same company.

Rocksteady is an Eidos Developer, IIRC. That would make them a part of Square Enix, wouldn't it?
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Darth Umbrus | PSN ID: Darth_Umbrus
Pokemon Black FC: 1077-0967-0182 | 3DS FC: 0860-3241-6485
5 years ago#7
Nevermind. Eidos only has a 25% stake in Rocksteady. Time Warner is the majority stockholder.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Darth Umbrus | PSN ID: Darth_Umbrus
Pokemon Black FC: 1077-0967-0182 | 3DS FC: 0860-3241-6485
5 years ago#8
Wonder Woman god-of-war clone.

Screw the rest.
5 years ago#9
I don't think we'll ever see a good superman game. His powers make him boring IMO and also very hard for a developer to make a balanced game, just the fact that he flies would be a major pain in the ass for anyone making the game.
5 years ago#10
Perfect_flame posted...
I don't think we'll ever see a good superman game. His powers make him boring IMO and also very hard for a developer to make a balanced game, just the fact that he flies would be a major pain in the ass for anyone making the game.

more so because of only the biggest of big bads being a threat to pre flashpoint sups
http://uppix.net/e/9/a/bcdecb126432cfaccde541fcfa774.png
toy story irl
  1. Boards
  2. Batman: Arkham City
  3. When done with Batman, Rocksteady may do a Superman game, would love it!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived