When done with Batman, Rocksteady may do a Superman game, would love it!

#1symachPosted 10/9/2011 5:50:57 PM
A Superman game with the same production values as Batman AA and AC, Id love to see em try it:)

http://www.msxbox-world.com/news/article/16631/superman-captain-marvel-or-green-lantern-game-would-be-fun-rocksteady.html

Superman, Captain Marvel or Green Lantern game would be 'fun' - Rocksteady
Last Updated: 7th Oct 2011
Rocksteady Studios has welcomed the creation of a Super, Captain Marvel or Green Lantern game, as they believe it would be 'fun' if either ever saw a release.

The company's Paul Dini told Yahoo Games:

"Well Batman is pretty much real world-centric. So if I was going to do another comic book based game I would probably want a hero that had, you know - I would probably want to amp it up a bit as far as the power level goes and do more of a superhero with more superpowers."Batman is pretty much a self-trained guy, I think it would be fun to do a character like Superman or Captain Marvel or maybe Green Lantern, somebody who's got a completely different resource for fighting crime and fighting villains."

He continued:

"Maybe a magical character. The DC universe is filled with them. I love Batman and I always will but if I was going to do another one I would probably pick one in a completely different setting with a completely different power scheme. He's pretty much the number one in the DC pantheon, and I think not enough has been done with him to make him a character, as he's got amazing powers, he can fly super fast and everything, but also there's a level to his character that I don't think has been explored yet in video games to kind of get underneath who he is and into his heart a little bit. I think there's a lot of reinvention being done on Superman at the moment, both in the comics and in the movies and I think it would be fun to revisit that character and kind of see what makes him tick."

Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham City releases on October 18th in the States and 21st for the UK, as well as the rest of Europe.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#2symach(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 5:51:42 PM
Love to see a Dr Fate or Firestorm game too, probably never happen though:(
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.
#3SnuffSevenfoldXPosted 10/9/2011 6:01:08 PM
Does Xbox World know that Paul Dini is a DC writer?
He doesn't....he's not a Rocksteady employee...
Still....Superman Vs Darkseid done right....
---
GT:Boss Darkseid PSN:synful_deus
#4symach(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 6:06:58 PM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...
Still....Superman Vs Darkseid done right....

Darkseid, Doomsday, or Zod all would be awesome, even Parasite would be way cool.
---
#5Tempest of ShadowsPosted 10/9/2011 7:09:57 PM
SnuffSevenfoldX posted...

Rocksteady and DC are both owned by Time Warner. Technically, they're the same company.
---
Fringes of Algo - Phantasy Star Community - http://www.psalgo.com/
#6Darth_UmbrusPosted 10/9/2011 9:31:49 PM
Tempest of Shadows posted...
Rocksteady and DC are both owned by Time Warner. Technically, they're the same company.

Rocksteady is an Eidos Developer, IIRC. That would make them a part of Square Enix, wouldn't it?
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Darth Umbrus | PSN ID: Darth_Umbrus
Pokemon Black FC: 1077-0967-0182 | 3DS FC: 0860-3241-6485
#7Darth_UmbrusPosted 10/9/2011 9:34:56 PM
Nevermind. Eidos only has a 25% stake in Rocksteady. Time Warner is the majority stockholder.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Darth Umbrus | PSN ID: Darth_Umbrus
Pokemon Black FC: 1077-0967-0182 | 3DS FC: 0860-3241-6485
#8niamahaiPosted 10/9/2011 9:39:41 PM
Wonder Woman god-of-war clone.

Screw the rest.
#9Perfect_flamePosted 10/10/2011 4:08:46 AM
I don't think we'll ever see a good superman game. His powers make him boring IMO and also very hard for a developer to make a balanced game, just the fact that he flies would be a major pain in the ass for anyone making the game.
#10th3nobodi3sPosted 10/10/2011 4:57:19 AM
Perfect_flame posted...
I don't think we'll ever see a good superman game. His powers make him boring IMO and also very hard for a developer to make a balanced game, just the fact that he flies would be a major pain in the ass for anyone making the game.

more so because of only the biggest of big bads being a threat to pre flashpoint sups
---
http://uppix.net/e/9/a/bcdecb126432cfaccde541fcfa774.png
toy story irl