SPOILERS the radio signals!

#1bakamaru05Posted 10/22/2011 8:35:38 PM
I dunno if anyone figured this out. I never use an account I just read the boards. When I found this I had to create one to post...
The random number string message on the scanner isn't random. It's a code.
Use the alphabet.
This is clearly a hint at dlc or sequel.

Sorry if someone already found this. Thought it was an awesome find.
Won't spoil the message. Post when you discover the meaning.
#211CrimsonRubiesPosted 10/22/2011 8:40:03 PM

Yea I saw an article on this a day or two ago. Very neat. Heard that no one's translated the last code yet.

#3bakamaru05(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2011 9:00:59 PM
Last code? I was under the impression that 2 codes were words and one was a random string of numbers?
#4nickmaster2007Posted 10/22/2011 9:02:03 PM
PM me the message? (I'm away from the game atm)
---
All I want is a good home and a wife
And children and some food to feed them every night
#5Destined4GreatnPosted 10/22/2011 9:02:16 PM
There are three they have all been decoded.

I can't remember what they are the moment though
---
Think about this for a moment: Chris Carpenter wakes up every day and gets to BE Chris Carpenter. - Squall7491
#6bakamaru05(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2011 9:05:31 PM
Sad. And here I thought I was genuinely clever for remembering Batman forever, now I wish I had forgotten it again.
#7drumdailyPosted 10/22/2011 9:05:35 PM
According to YouTube user SierraTango187, the message when put through a decoder becomes: I AM YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT. GOTHAM WAITS FOR HIS SAVIOR
this is from IGN
---
GT- tB MetaL
PSN- drums99
#8mogbertPosted 10/23/2011 4:11:36 AM
The problem with that, is that there is no "decoder" to put it through. One was a simple A=1 cypher. One was a cryptogram, and I put it through a cryptogram program myself to check their work. The third has not officially been solved.

Two people have provided "solutions" for the other stream of letters, and while they are similar, they are way too different.
Original:
CTZRZPXAKDXICHEBLRFPGKCJQEMDUH

Fake solutions:
I AM YOUR DARKEST NIGHTMARE DARK KNIGHT. GOTHAM WAITS FOR HIS SAVIOR
IAMYOURWORSTNIGHTMAREGOTHAMSAVIOUR

Other people have noted that both SierraTango187's answer and the other one are too long and pretty much garbage. A number of places that had quoted him have already removed it. Pretty much he was trolling.

I've run it through the same cryptogram program as the first and it doesn't pop out an answer. The program just makes guesses repeatedly and sees what results in good dictionary matches. If it uses too many non-dictionary words, it might not give good results without luck. I've tried matching up CTZ with IAM, and DUH with both IOR and OUR. Neither produced intelligible sentences.

Another possibility is it isn't a cryptogram. It could be some other sort of code. What other code types are there? Perhaps the numbers aren't meant to be changed to letters?
---
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with DoTs, lots and lots of DoTs.
#9mogbertPosted 10/23/2011 4:45:18 AM
I was thinking of an Enigma Machine (look it up) or something, but you need to set those things up for them to be any good. Any other suggestions of how this might have been encoded?
---
I do not kill with my gun; he who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father. I kill with DoTs, lots and lots of DoTs.
#10mogbertPosted 10/23/2011 5:02:09 AM
One last idea before I'm out for the night. Look for ciphers where the key changes, like a Vigenère square (which requires a keyword, and it isn't "batman"). It could explain why there are so many double letters in it. I really would like to solve that last code.

It can't be a simple substitution cipher, because those would have been broken easily by that cryptogram program. Think about them being progressively difficult codes. The first could be cracked by a first grader, the second by anyone who regularly does these puzzles in the newspaper. The third puzzle should be had to even figure HOW it is encoded, but still be able to be deciphered once the method had been guessed.
---