Can't figure out how to do Blade Dodge Takedown? Read this.

#1gamegyro45Posted 11/4/2011 7:58:08 PM(edited)
The description for it is very confusing. And it was very hard to do it for me. Just switching from just tapping Y to holding and going back was hard enough. Here's how you can do it easily (once you can do normal blade dodges easily): Do a normal blade dodge, but after each swing, let go of Y for a split second, and quickly press it again. I found that it doesn't matter how long you let go. If you just release it between each swing and are holding it when he's swinging, you'll do the takedown. However, if you're playing as (fully upgraded) Batman, it might not make sense to do this, since it would just be easier to jump over him, get a combo going and break the sword. However, for Catwoman, Robin, and Nightwing (and Batman w/o disarm, but with blade dodge takedown), it should be very helpful. But, ALWAYS DO THIS FOR *spoilers* ASSASSINS. They can't be separated from their sword. But also remember that they have a fourth swing and are generally faster.
#2rodneymullensm8Posted 11/4/2011 8:02:19 PM
Hold y only when they swing the knife. Simple as.
---
if some1 with multi-personalities threatens suicide, is that a hostage situation?
#3andru04Posted 11/4/2011 8:13:15 PM
press the analog stick in the opposite direction of the knife-wielder and tap Y as they swing.
#4gamegyro45(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 2:49:21 AM

press the analog stick in the opposite direction of the knife-wielder and tap Y as they swing.

I tried that, but I found my method to be easier.
#5DeX2010Posted 11/5/2011 4:28:38 AM
I've only done it twice so far since I unlocked it, its quite weird. Sometimes it works for me, othertimes even when I press Y batman doesn't move away and I get hit with the knife, and then I get annoyed and just do the 'Beat down' move(Which works quite well, and if you just want them out of the way, you can just triple-stun them).

Its satisfying when you do do the move right though.
#6CyberneticRatPosted 11/5/2011 4:47:38 AM
Plus, it's an instant knockout when you do it successfully.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
#7RayunoPosted 11/5/2011 4:48:14 AM
Do a normal blade dodge, but after each swing, let go of Y for a split second, and quickly press it again.

That's how you're supposed to do it.
I'm pretty sure it says so right in the description.
#8NurupoooPosted 11/5/2011 4:59:19 AM
Pretty sure the description tells you that, while pushing the control stick away from your enemy, you're supposed to hold Y until you dodge the enemy's attack, release it and immediately hold it again until the next strike. Repeat 3-5 times, depending on enemy.
---
However, another way to say "faithful" is to say "clingy baggage". She is what they call a "land mine".
#9phineasfoolPosted 11/5/2011 6:01:33 AM

Plus, it's an instant knockout when you do it successfully.

Not only that, but it's a x100 for score. It can be huge points if you pull it off when your combo is high.
---
"Take a dump on the face of common sense"
PSN - Phineasfool GT- Phineasfool
#10Kung_Fu_FighterPosted 11/5/2011 10:58:53 AM
^ Yep.

I think it's worth the most points out of all attacks. Ground Pound being 2nd at 75pts. Then special takedown/beatdown at 50pts.
---
"Those who want everything will end up with nothing."--Lulu, FFX