HELP with Catwoman code

#1Dead_Hippie_ManPosted 11/11/2011 12:13:34 PM
So, a friend of mine asked me to download Catwoman for him - using his code and inserting/plugging in his hard drive into my 360. When I downloaded it, I signed into Live (with his account) and redeemed the code through Live (instead of inserting the game disc).

When I gave his hard drive (now with Catwoman downloaded onto it) back to him, he tried to play as Catwoman, but he can't (apparently, when inserting the game disc, it is still asking him to either redeem the code or buy the code - even though the file should be already downloaded onto his hard drive).

What went wrong?
Why can't he play as Catwoman? (since the file should be saved onto his hard drive.)
#2FoppePosted 11/11/2011 1:06:57 PM
Could be a DRM issue, is he connected to Live?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3TheodenPosted 11/11/2011 5:43:30 PM
A lot of people seem to make the mistake of downloading stuff onto their HDD while plugged into someone else's Xbox.

The license is now tied to your Xbox, he'll need to be online and signed in on the profile that redeemed the code to be able to use it, if playing on any other Xbox.
---
#4LordDisQoPosted 11/11/2011 5:49:50 PM
You need to be connected to LIVE to use it, even after it's downloaded.
---
Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!
#5LordDisQoPosted 11/11/2011 5:57:01 PM
Theoden posted...
A lot of people seem to make the mistake of downloading stuff onto their HDD while plugged into someone else's Xbox.

The license is now tied to your Xbox, he'll need to be online and signed in on the profile that redeemed the code to be able to use it, if playing on any other Xbox.
---

Not sure what you're trying to say here. You do realize that profiles are saved on the HDD right? If you take your HDD with your profile on it out and put it in someone else's Xbox, you still sign in on your profile.
---
Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!
#6Drifter187Posted 11/11/2011 6:07:13 PM
Try going to the dlc in the marketplace instead of it telling you to buy it, maybe they will be a option that says download again. I had a problem with my code also and thats what I did.
---
I drift from board to board not a troll dont spill verbal diarrhea , I'm drifter.... Drifter187
Currently playing:
#7phineasfoolPosted 11/11/2011 6:10:44 PM

Not sure what you're trying to say here. You do realize that profiles are saved on the HDD right? If you take your HDD with your profile on it out and put it in someone else's Xbox, you still sign in on your profile.

When you download something from XBL it ties it to the gamertag and system it was downloaded on. So since it was downloaded on a different system, he will now have to be connected to Live to use it. That's why you have to do a license transfer when you get a new system.
---
"Take a dump on the face of common sense"
PSN - Phineasfool GT- Phineasfool
#8TheodenPosted 11/11/2011 6:12:21 PM
If you take your HDD with your profile on it out and put it in someone else's Xbox, you still sign in on your profile.
Yes...? But when you download anything (for the first time), it becomes licensed to the Xbox which was used to download it. If you then take that HDD and plug it into another Xbox, then the DLC will not be useable, unless the profile that downloaded it signs into Xbox Live.

The fact that the owner's profile is still on the HDD doesn't matter - without signing into Xbox Live, the DLC won't be authenticated (which it needs to be if not on the original Xbox).

It can only be used offline on the Xbox that it is licensed to. All Xbox Live DLC works this way.

So if someone wants to use a friend's internet connection to download anything, to play offline later, they need to bring their whole Xbox, not just the HDD.
---
#9Dead_Hippie_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 10:00:07 PM
I see. I'll let my friend know. Thanks, guys!