Superman reference in game

#1sak39rvdPosted 11/19/2011 9:48:21 AM
Hey don't know if this was mentioned in this board somewhere else, search did not seem to bring it up...
Anyway I was playing around near the Subway entrance and listening to the thugs gibber to each other. One of them at some point made reference to "That freak in Metropolis"
Has anyone else heard this? I took it as meaning Superman, but it could be reference to one of his rogues also.
Either way thought I would share with everyone.
---
Now with 10% more Wookie Rage per serving.
#2Dragon NexusPosted 11/19/2011 10:12:03 AM
It's one of those things that isn't mentioned because it's so damn trivial.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#3sak39rvd(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2011 10:52:03 AM
Trivial or not, I thought it was a neat little touch. If we are going to split hairs there are tons of damn trivial things in the game that get brought up on this board. I just wanted to add to the futility of it all.
---
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 11/19/2011 11:39:25 AM
sak39rvd posted...
Trivial or not, I thought it was a neat little touch. If we are going to split hairs there are tons of damn trivial things in the game that get brought up on this board. I just wanted to add to the futility of it all.

Could you tell me exactly which mission it was. These small details really make game alive.
---
If you are having texture issues with Skyrim, make sure you do NOT install the game. Play off the disc.
#5melvingPosted 11/19/2011 2:20:51 PM

I like when the Batman games gives bits of information from the DC-Universe. I think in one of the cut scenes Vicki Vale mentions the Huntress and Creeper which are also DC characters. It does add to the game.

#6Leighton04Posted 11/19/2011 2:27:53 PM
I love things like this, nice find tc.
---
GT: Leighton04
#7sak39rvd(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 10:30:50 AM
I honestly don't know which mission it is in because I spend a good bit of time in game just wandering around the city attacking groups of thugs.
I know I had completed the Penguin Mission but had yet to go into Wonder City when I heard them talking.

Like I said, I thought it was a neat little touch to the game. Being as big of a comic reader as I am, things like this little mention of the greater DC Universe are what I love about this game.
---
#8KFrosty3Posted 11/20/2011 2:22:59 PM
near the end of the game hugo strange mentions metropolis, along with other cities in the dc universe, when talking about his plans for arkham city (and says "this is the future")
---
I still think Pac-Man was the best game and had the best storyline... EVER!!! 'nuff said.
#9The PopoPosted 11/20/2011 2:29:10 PM
SPOILERS

Talia also mentioned Metropolis when you first find her, saying "After our night in Metropolis, you could have just called"
---
Live action Hungry Hungry Hippos though, now that was a sport. ~Aeon Azuran
#10mattgalloPosted 11/20/2011 3:31:04 PM
The Popo posted...
SPOILERS

Talia also mentioned Metropolis when you first find her, saying "After our night in Metropolis, you could have just called"

SPOILERS ***

"METROPOLIS" is also a riddler challenge password.

Seems like this may not be too "trivial" anyway. I don't think anything in the game is meant to be "trivial" - look at how far they took the Arkham City map from the Asylum.