WTF freeze?? (spoilers)

#1ssjmatthewPosted 4/2/2012 2:12:27 PM(edited)
So.....why does freeze attack you?

Im assuming he meant for batman to die from the titan, but even so.

Freeze always struck me as the most "sane" of batmans villains, it just seems odd that batman would rescue him, get him back his suit, only for freeze to turn on batman and try to kill him.

I understand they're enemies, and that joker had his wife. But wouldn't freeze know the track record by now?

Wouldn't it of made more sense for him to tell batman about his wife, knowing batman is going to kick jokers ass again? If for no other reason than to have an ally with him when he went after the joker.

Or am I over thinking this?

I know its unimportant, just bored and thought id hear what you guys thought.
---
If a woman sleeps with 10 men she's a slut, but if a man does it..........
He's gay, definately gay.
#2reignfire85Posted 4/2/2012 2:47:02 PM
Batman messed with a half-dead Freeze in the Museum, and when the tables were turned and Batman wanted the cure before getting Nora to safety, Freeze pushed him back. Freeze wanted to put Batman in a position he couldn't get out of (rescue Nora or die from TITAN).

Yes, that seems too far for him to go, but he's obsessively overprotective of his wife and he was ticked at Batman from earlier.
---
(\__/) "It got up, and it danced away." -- Candace Flynn, Phineas & Ferb
(='.'=) Official Raichu of the B/W boards
#3myceloPosted 4/11/2012 10:02:51 AM
Sure, the relationship between Batman and Freeze is very odd. When Freeze is imprisoned, Batman is unnecessarily rude to rim, treating to kill him and whatnot. Then Batman recovers his suit and Freeze seemed to forgive everything and offers his help to find a cure for the sake of humanity (is he a bad guy or not?).

Then, after Batman fighting his way through an immortal guy and finally gets the cure to Freeze in his last breath, Freeze in all his eloquence blames Batman for losing his wife (again!), denies the cure and tries to kill the only person that could do something about her.

After a few punches in the face, but still on his feet, Freeze admits defeat and grants the cure to Batman. And all of sudden they are old pals again, like nothing bad ever happened, no hurt feelings. And still, Batman brings back his wife as a bonus!
---
If read by accident, provoke vomiting.
GT: myceloX
#4ssjmatthew(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 10:04:24 AM
Exactly^

I just felt the encounters with freeze were poorly written, they were all over the place with how the two feel about eachother.
---
If a woman sleeps with 10 men she's a slut, but if a man does it..........
He's gay, definately gay.
#5EnvySinPosted 4/12/2012 1:28:38 PM
ssjmatthew posted...
Exactly^

I just felt the encounters with freeze were poorly written, they were all over the place with how the two feel about eachother.

That's how their relationship is supposed to be. Freeze freaked because Batman mentioned Mrs. Fries. Where Mr. Freeze is clearly over-protective of his dead wife, so that's what he did, he over-reacted.
---
A. It's not trolling if it's true and relevant.
B. Those who cry "TROLL" have no intelligent comment about the subject but like to feel like they do.
#6FarlanderPosted 4/12/2012 1:53:26 PM
It was a pretty cool fight, though. It was like Batman vs. The Terminator or something.
#7BANANATUCKERPosted 4/12/2012 7:07:13 PM
I was just thinking that. Of course batman would help anyone in distress all you have to do is ask nicely. Opposed to, " Maybe if I freeze him he will do as I command fueled by the fear of further freezings!." Clearly freezsicle doeson't know B-money that well. WTF FREEZUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tons of terrible logic in this game but it was still F---ING AWESOME!
#8reignfire85Posted 4/12/2012 7:18:48 PM

" Maybe if I freeze him he will do as I command fueled by the fear of further freezings!."

I chuckled at this.
---
(\__/) "It got up, and it danced away." -- Candace Flynn, Phineas & Ferb
(='.'=) Official Raichu of the B/W boards
#9ZechsPeacecraftPosted 4/13/2012 9:04:25 AM
Here's how I see it:

Batman saves Freeze and pisses him off

Batman gets Freeze's suit and weapons further saving him

Freeze recognizes that Batman is vulnerable

Freeze makes Batman's cure and recognizing Batman's vulnerability tries to take advantage by withholding the cure so that he saves Nora immediately (because Freeze literally goes a bit crazy over her)

Batman has bigger things to take care of so he wants the cure now, eliminating Freeze's leverage for Batman to save Nora immediately

They fight and Freeze looses, seeing as the cure is taken he looses his leverage and is reduced to pleading with Batman to save his Nora

Batman saves Nora.

What I don't get is why would Freeze kill Batman if he puts so much effort into trying to get Batman to save Nora

Also does anybody know what Barbara refers to when she say's "remember last time, you can't face him in a straight on fight"?
---
"It's the stronger that make the weaker"- Milliardo Peacecraft
#10NinogerritsPosted 4/13/2012 9:34:46 AM
I actually don't understand why he is considered a criminal, at least not in this game. I mean, as far as i know, the only crime he comitted was trying to kill his old boss, for which he had good reason to. And he didn't even succeed in that. And sure, batman and freeze fought, but that was only because freeze wanted batman to save his wife. I think freeze is at worst a bit of a jerk, but he's pretty much just a regular guy who cares for his wife (aside from his freezing mutations, but that wasn't his fault)